Question about HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Clean the scanner head and glass
Removing the scanner glass
The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) will need to be removed before the glass can be removed. You will also need a T10 Torx head driver approximately 6" long. Driver handles that accept removable bits may be too large in diameter for this particular job.
Removing the automatic document Feeder (ADF)
1. Hinge the ADF upward as if you are going to manually scan a document.
2. In the hinge area there is two black pull latches. Pull them up and lift the ADF straight up to remove it. Some side-to-side rocking may be necessary before it will disengage.
Removing the Scanner Glass
1. Remove the four T10 Torx head screws around the perimeter of glass, i.e. two in the ADF hinge area and one on the right and left.
2. Remove the Control Panel overlay. It pries off.
3. Open the printer as if you are going to access the cartridges and disengage the support legs. Two latches at the base of each leg must be pried outward with a slot style screwdriver to disconnect them. The scanner assembly will now "flop" freely, so steady it while removing the four screws on the underside.
Note: The screw in the front is hidden under the piece that you grasp to gain cartridge access. Two latches must be released to remove it. The screw can now be seen using a flashlight but may be obscured by some wires.
Clean the underside of the glass, giving particular attention to the white strip. Then clean the scanner bulb (gently, its thin glass) and the mirror(s) with a cotton swab sparingly moistened with Windex or a similar cleaner.
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
As am update to what I just wrote, my d135 says "warming up" before the message comes on. Does this mean something? Thank you.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 08, 2011 | HP LaserJet M1005 Printer
May 06, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
May 22, 2009 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 19, 2009 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 15, 2008 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
Jul 25, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7110 All-In-One Thermal...
Jan 05, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!