- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you have windows XP on this laptop then follow the steps below:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab. 4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK. 5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'. 6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point. 4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to. 5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button. 6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
For Vista perform the steps below:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu. 2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER. 3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS. 4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove. 5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER. 6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key. 7. This should setup the wireless network.
ok ...on one of the other pc's that do connect ok go into control panel...open network connections...click on wireless icon to highlight it...in drop down menu(now exrended)choose change settings of this connection...this will open wireless properties....
scroll down the list to internet protocol (tcp/ip)double click to open ....check ip address,subnet,gateway and dns server...write down the info in the fields...if theres no info (because obtain ip auto is set)connect to internet...youll see wireless icon in sys tray(bottom right in screen) double click on this icon...a box will appear giving you connection status ...click on support and you can find same details there.you can now close all programs and turn off pc if you like...boot up pc that cant connect.. do same precedure to get to wireless settings and in the given fields write in the info you now have like ip 192.168.0.3 subnet 255.255.255.0.gateway 192.168.0.1 dns 192.168.0.1 ....and now you should ba able to connect no prob