Question about NetGear DG834G Router
A second lap was connected OK but having difficulty connecting 3rd. I have no info at all re this - Son is away!
If you have windows XP on this laptop then follow the steps below:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
For Vista perform the steps below:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
Rate it, if it helps.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2011 | NetGear DG834 Router
Jul 21, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 27, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Mar 02, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 14, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 26, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 29, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 07, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!