Question about Washing Machines
Might be a broken belt which would be an easy fix. Open the unit and see if the rubber belt is lying there broken. It sounds like it could well be the problem. If so, get a new one at an appliance parts place and follow the easy directions to replace it.
Posted on May 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Washer doesn't spin
Does the machine pump water out? Could be there is some block in the outlet pipe, check by opening machine's rear panel. - Does the motor spin ? - In case your machine uses a belt for drum's movment, check that belt isn't broken or loose. In case motor receives power, check for motor's resistace and free movement while turning it by hand. If it dosen't get power looks like its a timer problem. Caution re electrical connections, unplug before examining rear.
Posted on Apr 24, 2007
SOURCE: GE washing machine, wont spin
Same problem (but without any smell). You should try to reset the two computer boards in the washer. You do this by 1) unplugging machine and wait for 30 secs; 2) plug in machine; and 3) open and fully close the lid at least 5 times. This resets computer boards, which can get messed up by power surges, etc.
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
SOURCE: It won't spin
If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
• The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
• The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
• A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
• The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
• The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
• The transmission may not be shifting properly. Older washers produced by Whirlpool® have a transmission with an electro-mechanical shifter. If the shifter becomes even partially defective, the unit may drain the water but not spin. This is a complex system, if your washer has a shifter problem, you may want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician to repair it.
• The spin bearing or basket drive may be worn or seized. These components allow the inner tub to spin freely inside the outer tub. When this is the problem, you usually hear a loud sound during the spin cycle. Call a qualified appliance repair technician.
It spins only with the lid closed.
Please do rate this solution as FixYa and revert for further assistance.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2015 | Washing Machines
Aug 13, 2011 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Dec 29, 2010 | Maytag Performa PAV3200
Jan 19, 2010 | Haier Washing Machines
Mar 10, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jan 10, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 03, 2007 | Westinghouse WWS833ES Super Capacity Top...
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!