Question about Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
I used my laptop at work and when the business closed I forgot to change my password before we shut down. I tried every password I could think of but it won't let me pass the windows password. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Just try this http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/
I used it before.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
If you dont have a pass word for administrator you can login using the administrator account to remove your pass
enter safe mode by hting the F8 key during boot use the administrator to remove your account pass
if you do have a administrator pass then youll need your windows xp cd
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
If ur using xp u can get it cracked by calling our technician at toll free no 18884276640
and if its vista then u have to format its c drive
and even if u need our technician call usat toll free no 18884276640
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2011 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Mar 14, 2011 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Nov 06, 2010 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Dec 30, 2009 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Apr 26, 2009 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Jan 22, 2009 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Apr 09, 2014 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
1,082 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!