Question about KitchenAid 32 in. KECC508 Electric Cooktop
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I would use the 220volt 60amp available at any hardware store. Just make sure you check the wall outlet you are going to use. The Dryer and Range are not the same.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
SOURCE: ELEMENT WONT SHUT OFF
Sounds like that specific element has shorted to ground inside it's sheath. You'll probably find the element does not get as hot as it normally would.
A fuse will not blow, or breaker not throw, because of the point in the element that the element has grounded.
Elements are available from a number of resources.
A way to test if the element is shorted to ground:
Tools needed -
1)Disconnect power from the appliance
2) Remove the element (Sometimes they are plugged in, sometimes the wires screw onto the ends of the element.
3) Set the Ohmeter to Rx1000 or more.
4) Measure the resistance between the outside metal sheath, and either of the two power connection points on either end of the element. Under any condition, you should not get a reading. If you do, the element is bad, and you need to get a new one. They are not repairable.
5) Re-install in the reverse removed.
6) Check all connections are clean and all is re-assembled as you originally found it.
7) Turn on power and check if element comes on.
It is unlikely the problem is with the control, but it is a possibility. Give me more info about the cook-top (make, model) so I can investigate further.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Here is a tip that I wrote that will help you with that...
Posted on Jul 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2015 | Cooktops
Sep 30, 2014 | Cooktops
May 31, 2014 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid 30 In. Black...
Jul 22, 2010 | KitchenAid 31 in. KGCC505 Gas Cooktop
Apr 10, 2010 | Frigidaire PLEC30S9EC Stainless Steel...
Dec 11, 2009 | KitchenAid 30 in. Architect KECC507KSS...
Oct 30, 2009 | KitchenAid 30 in. KECC506R Electric...
Jul 31, 2009 | Jenn-Air 30 in. CCE3401 Electric Cooktop
Nov 17, 2008 | Gaggenau 23 in. KG 260 Gas Cooktop
Feb 22, 2008 | Cooktops
Feb 07, 2014 | KitchenAid 32 in. KECC508 Electric Cooktop
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!