Question about Singer Sewing Machines
The race isn't rotating so the spool thread can't be picked up, can I fix this myself?
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: How do I fix a
Here's how you set the timing od the Machine alright:
1. Take the side plate off, take the needle plate off.
2. Take the presser foot off, and put a new needle in the machine. 3. Make sure that the needle is in the lowest position and look at the needle bar for the two timing lines. Locate the top line.
4. Then, turn the handwheel toward you until the top line is where the bottom line was.
At this point, the tip of the hook should be directly in the scarf of the needle.
This should set the timing of the machine perfect....
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
Take the thread completly off the machine and rethread it making sure it goes thru the tension wheel properly.
FYI Loops on the bottom-- Problem is in the threadding.. Loops on the top, problem is with the bobbin.
Posted on Apr 19, 2009
There are manuals avilable online to purchase for the singer machines, SOrry I was not able to locate a site that has them for free.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Why won the machine pick up the bobbin thread BrotherOne Point Advice Place a spool of thread on a spool pin.
One Point Advice Upper threading
- Remove the bobbin and make sure the bobbin is threaded properly in the shuttle race.
Remove any loose threads or lint in the shuttle race.One Point Advice Installing a bobbin into a bobbin case
or this link might help you out some more.
- You could be holding the needle thread too tight.
Hold the thread lightly to keep the end from going down into the shuttle.
- The needle could be thread incorrectly.
Thread the needle eye from the front to the back.
- The needle could be bent or improperly inserted.
Install a new needle with the flat side of the needle facing the back.
Dec 06, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Mar 07, 2015 | Singer Inspiration 4205 Mechanical Sewing...
Dec 24, 2013 | Singer Quantum XL-1000 Computerized Sewing...
Dec 18, 2011 | Singer Sewing Machines
Aug 16, 2009 | Singer Quantum XL-5000 Computerized Sewing...
May 08, 2009 | Euro-Pro 9105 Computerized Sewing Machine
Apr 23, 2009 | Janome 6019QC Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 20, 2009 | Singer Sewing Machines
Aug 25, 2008 | Sewing Machines
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: