Hi Troysingleto. The code can depend on what model of URC you have. According to a site I found by Googling, the code for Apex TVs on one common URC from Philips is 044. Here are the steps to input it directly:
1. Press and hold the Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
2. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, DVD, etc). The red indicator blinks, then stays lit.
3. Enter the 3 digit code (044)
. Note: after a valid code entry, the red indicator turns off. For an invalid code, the red indicator flashes.
4. With your device on, press CHANNEL Up. If the device responds, no further programming is required. Note: If some buttons do not operate your equipment
, try one of the other codes for your brand.
If that code does not work, you can still find the code using this manual procedure first posted on FixYa by cptnkirk4064:1. Manually turn on device to be controlled.
2. Press and hold the "Code Search" button until the red indicator light stays on, then release it.
3. Press and quickly release the desired code button (TV, VCR, etc). The red indicator light should blink once.
4.Press the "Channel Up" button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until thedevice to be controlled changes channel. The red indicator light shouldblink off with each button press. If you accidentally overshoot therequired code, press the "Channel Down" button to backtrack through thelibrary until the device changes channel. Pressing "Channel Up" changesdirection again.
5. Press and release "Mute" button to install the code.
If you wish to actually identify the code once this has been done, this is the procedure:
1. Press and hold the "Code Search" button until the red indicator stays on. Release the "Code Search" button.
2. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator light blinks and then stays on.
3. Press and release the "Code Search" button. The red indicator light goes off.
4.To find the first digit for the code stored under the mode key pressedin "Step 2" press each numeric key from 1-9 in turn. When the redindicator light blinks off, the number you pressed is the first digitfor the code you are searching for.
5. To find the second digit,repeat "Step 4," this time when the red indicator light blinks off,this is the second digit in your number.
6. Repeat again for the third digit in your code number.
Once I find out the code for my TV or DVD player, I write it on a small piece of paper (make sure to note which unit code is for!) and tape it to the inside of the lid to the battery compartment for future reference.
Best of luck!