Question about Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
First of all, is the hole a factory one that you never noticed before? If so, leave it alone. I know that microwaves generate a lot interior heat and it needs to escape someway. Secondly, if it is not a factory made vent hole and you can't be sure if it caused from a lot of use, and if the oven still works fine, I would not worry about it if it were me.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
SOURCE: I have a Sharp Carousel microwave model R438DV 1200 watts. There is a small 5x7 screen on the right side wall. It now has a small hole and has char marks on it. When I use the unit a fire starts o
You have to replace that small screen which is called wave guide. If there is a sharp authorised service centre near to your place you can buy the part from them. Do not work the oven without replacing that part.
Posted on May 30, 2009
The Arcing is a real bad sign, and you see the "Brain" has detected a fault condition, most likely the Power Supply and or magnetron, or High Power Diode, has "Faulted" and it shuts down for Safety reasons. Due to the danger existing inside MW, I recommend that you have it serviced by a qualified person. Always get a firm "Quote" before proceeding with any work. Be careful, as often a repair may cost as much as a new one.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the insight. We will definitely look into the items listed and have it looked at by a qualified repair tech."
Some magnetrons have holes in the antenna by design. If these are clean holes on opposite sides near the RF gasket then they belong there. If the holes are obviously burn damage but don't cause any improper operation, the oven is safe to use.
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2014 | Whirlpool MT2110SJQ 1100 Watts Microwave...
the microwave is sparking or arcing the waveguide cover might be
damaged and shorting out. Try removing the waveguide cover and see
if the problem goes away. If there are any damaged spots in the
microwave ceiling or sidewalls, repair them and paint them with
microwave oven paint. Replace the waveguide cover if it is burnt or
if it will not stay in place.
the microwave is sparking or arcing near one of the rack supports,
remove the support, repaint any bare metal, install a new support.
Feb 06, 2013 | Turbo Air TMW-1100M Green World 1000 Watt...
Jun 16, 2010 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens
Apr 10, 2010 | Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2009 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
May 29, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 08, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 07, 2009 | Welbilt MR622W Microwave Oven
Nov 30, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Apr 18, 2007 | Dacor DCM24SS Convection Microwave Oven
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!