Question about Miele Refrigerators
The following code is being displayed on my five year old Miele KF1901vi refrigerator/bottom freezer model. 21 _F 01. I am not sure of the order of the codes but this is what it is displaying. I just recently changed out the water filter and the machine did make ice using the new filter. I also cleared the filter message light.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Had the same problem. I noticed that the fan in the freezer never shut off so I suspected the thermostat. I ordered and installed a new thermostat (about $30 and 15 minutes to install), the fan now cycles correctly and the ice build up is gone.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
This is an error code for the icemaker fan motor.
If the control does not see a signal coming back from the fan motor you will get this error code.
Please see the image below from the service manual that explains the ER IF error code.
The ER IF code indicates a failure of the icing fan.
You may notice slower ice production but the other fans should be okay.
You can select the ultra ice option and see if the fan toggles on.
The fan or the control is bad.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
SOURCE: why is there heavy ice
Check out these tips...they can help you figure out what is going wrong withyour refrigerator and why it is not cooling
Refrigerator not Cooling or Fridge not Cooling
How to Defrost Refrigerator Defrost Timer Problem
Water Running in refrigerator from Freezer
Refrigerator or Freezer not Cooling or Getting Cold
Posted on Oct 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2016 | Miele Washing Machines
Nov 15, 2015 | Frigidaire FFHS2322MS 22.6 cu. ft. Side by...
Nov 13, 2011 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Sep 07, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
This code means an error code. That the dishwasher electronic control has detected a condition it needs to check. When you see a code, follow these steps to solve the problem:
· Press "Stop/Clear" to clear the display and stop the beeping if any.
· Reprogram the dishwasher.
· If the code still displays, turn off the power to the dishwasher at your breaker box and wait five minutes and clean all part (area) that are open to water carefully before turning it back on.
Thanks for using fixya
Aug 02, 2011 | Bosch Nexxt 300 Series WFMC2201UC
Jul 31, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jul 31, 2011 | Dishwashers
May 18, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre PE16 All-In-One Laser...
Jan 24, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre PRO-215 All-In-One Laser...
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: