Question about Dishwashers
My dishwasher (Kenmore quiet guard deluxe) isn't cleaning the dishes well anymore and the glasses are really cloudy. I notice that the soap gets clogged up in the soap dispenser after running the washer, which tells me that the soap isn't being put to good use. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
call sears, 1-800-4MY-HOME. They have a trouble-shooting department that will get rid of this problem. It is caused by water temperature being wrong at the start of the cycle.... blah, blah, blah. The representative will tell you to push a certain set of buttons in a certain order and that unlocks the dishwasher.
Sorry I don't know the sequence
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Hi Dirty Dish gang.
After having 2 appliance repairmen here, I now have the latest scoop on our dishwasher problems, $200 later!
Los Angeles IS currently having hard water issues. Also, all the new cleaning gels etc. are actually a cause of our dishwasher problems.
So, here is what we need to do:
1. Use Cascade POWDER detergent only. Make sure is is just "plain" no "scented" or "complete" or gel, etc. (I have tried a phosphate free powder and gel and this is a cause of our problem as well!) 2. Use Jet Dry in the dispenser (set it to a 2-3 opening) 3. Make sure water is at least 120 degrees 4. Only run dishwasher on "normal" setting. All others just run it longer, hence causing more water stains. 5. Do not pre-wash dishes! You can knock of chunks with a "non" soapy brush, but don't rinse (the oils actually help to clean the dishes) 6. Do not wash sponges in dishwasher.
Acid Wash: The repairman just gave my washer an Acid Wash today. It says it is an acid derived from lemon, I got mine from Carters appliance in Torrance, CA for about $19. I am to run a normal cycle with the above mentioned Cascade after this "acid cycle" is finished.
If you are still having problems:
Monthly maintenance: Glass Magic: Buy a box of Glass Magic (near the Cascade) Use 1 Tbsb in main detergent compartment of dishwasher along with the Cascade, till washer starts working again. White Vinegar: You can run an empty dishwasher with white vinegar once a month. Fill a bowl with 2 cups vinegar and place on bottom rack. Then run as a normal cycle...this allows vinegar to disperse slowly.
So far it seems to be working. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
If you post the model number of your dishwasher plus its approximate age (in years) I can help more.
But the most common cause is a weakening pump motor. On many dishwashers, the wash pump motor is also the drain motor. Replacing that motor / pump assembly will solve the problem. While you are replacing the pump, check the heating element to confirm that it is not shorted out or broken.
For now, add a cap full of bleach to the water _after_ the initial dishwasher fill cycle ends and the wash cycle begins. White vinegar would also work, but this will not fix your problem.
Posted on May 04, 2009
Dishwasher - Soap Stuck in Cup If you have dishwasher detergent stuck in the soap cup after a full cycle, please check for the following conditions:
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2014 | Kenmore Dishwasher With Ultra Wash And...
Jul 08, 2013 | Dishwashers
Sep 10, 2012 | Kenmore Dishwashers
The problem is hard water. www.dishwasherfilter.com has a product to solve this problem once and for all. It filters the water going into your dishwasher and removes the hard minerals that leave those spots. It is very affordable and even has a money back guarantee. You will love the way your dishes look with this product.
Aug 24, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 08, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 16032 Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 01, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
May 04, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Feb 07, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
Oct 23, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!