Question about GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ge spacemaker microwave jvm/1650
Mmmm it's so easy,
First disconect the power, take the cover off, moslitly there would be 5 screws and two tab's on the top.
inside on the right hand side the magnetron it's a sylver box measuring about 4 in x 4 in x 5 in. It will have a plasic cover moslitly that would have to be remove first then on the magnetron there is 4 crews and one connector.
It should fall downard after.
If you have a power supply after the secondary , that may also be your problem.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
This is a sure sign that the magnatron needs replaced ( This is what heats the food!) replace and all will be good again!
PLEASE rate my response to your question
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
I think its the mag tube, mine went out the same way. GE will provide the mag tube for free just call them...have a local ge certified tech out to put it in.
Posted on May 14, 2009
SOURCE: the GE microwave still runs,
HI. Your symptoms are a strong indication of Magnetron failure. This is the principal heating device, that is used to produce microwaves that , essentially, excite the water molecules in the food, thus, producing the heating effect. When this device fails, generally, the unit will run, but not heat. This device is very fragile, and can injure you if you are not qualified to handle this type of component. There is a High Voltage Capacitor, that is used to help provide the necessary current for optimal Magnetron operation. This capacitor must be discharged correctly. If not, you could risk serious injury, during the repair, if it is accidental touched.
The Magnetron is linked to a cut-off fuse. If the magnetron becomes unstable, this fuse will shut the device down. It is standard procedure to have this fuse test for continuity. If the fuse has blown, this will be the culprit. Replace the fuse. Now, if the fuse continues to show continuity, this will confirm that the Magnetron has failed. I would advise to inspect the Capacitor, and HV diode for visible burn marks, or swollen top(Cap).
Access can be ac hived to these parts by removing the outside cabinet screws. Once the screws are removed, the cover can be removed, as well. Once the cover is removed, the internal components will be exposed for testing, and visual inspections.
WARNING: IF YOU ARE NOT A QUALIFIED SERVICE TECH, THIS WILL NOT BE A NOVICE DO IT YOURSELF JOB. MICROWAVES ARE VERY DANGEROUS, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. I RECOMMEND TO CALL FOR SERVICE, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH HANDLING THE CAPACITOR, OR MAGNETRON.
Posted on Aug 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Mar 18, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens
Nov 13, 2011 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Feb 26, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Dec 28, 2010 | GE Profile Spacemaker JVM1871 Microwave...
Jul 18, 2010 | GE JVM2050 Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2009 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
Feb 03, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: