I have a Soleus Air Dehumidifier, Model SG-DEH-70-1A, I cannot get it to drain through the hose rather than into the bucket. The instructions say to simply hook the hose up, which I have done, but it...
Several things play a role in the problem you're having.
1. The length of the hose. Shouldn't exceed 5 feet.
2. Is the hose sloping downward from the unit with out any kinks or twists. Most dehumidifiers rely
entirely on gravity to drain the water by hose. It will not drain up and over anything.
3. Is/was there a knockout plug on the dehumidifiers hose connection, that was not removed?
4. Is there a clog in the hose? If so, the water will divert to the bucket.
5. The unit's hose connection or interior tubing is clogged. To solve this problem do the following.
Using an appropriately sized, 18" long, plastic
Zip Tie, carefully insert the tip of Zip Tie into the hose connector hole or tubing.
Continue to push it in until you reach a bend in the tubing. You will
need to gingerly work the Zip Tie past this bend, until it either
bottoms out or you run out of usable Zip Tie. Then slowly pull the Zip
Tie back out while rotating (twisting) it. This will breakup any clogs.
As you reach the inserted end of the Zip Tie, be prepared, as some water
may follow. Reconnect the hose, plug the unit in and turn the Master
ON/OFF Switch to ON. Set the humidity extraction level to 35% or
Maximum if you have a manually controlled unit. Then monitor the hose for water flow.
I hope this helps you to troubleshoot & solve the problem. Thanks for choosing FixYa.
Jul 27, 2011 |