How to clean the kitchenaid java express coffee maker
The Coffee Maker can be descaled using
a packaged descaling agent or vinegar.
Always mix the descaling solution using
• When using a descaling agent, follow
the directions on the package for the
recommended amounts of descaling
agent and water to use.
• When using vinegar, fill the carafe with
a solution consisting of 1⁄2 vinegar and
1. Before descaling, always remove the
water filter (see “Installing the Ion-
Exchange Water Filter” on page 7) and
make sure the brew basket contains
no coffee or coffee filters.
2. Run the Coffee Maker through a
complete brewing cycle using a full
carafe of the descaling solution.
3. If the cleaning needed indicator lights
after the brewing cycle is complete,
repeat Step 2 using fresh descaling
solution. Keep repeating Step 2 until
the cleaning needed indicator no
longer lights after brewing.
4. Rinse the Coffee Maker by running
it through two brewing cycles using a
full carafe of fresh, cool water
5. Wash the brew basket in hot, soapy
water and rinse with hot water. This
part can also be washed in the upper
rack of the dishwasher.
6. Reinstall or replace the water filter.
Replace the filter every three months
under normal usage, or more often
with heavy use.
Mar 30, 2009 |
KitchenAid JAVASTUDIO KCM534 14-Cup Coffee...