This is a tutorial on how to set up the android operating system onto Samsung Omnia Pro (b7610).
It will boot up perfectly after following these steps.
What you need to do it:
- Samsung b7610 phone running Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5.x
- microSD Storage Card with at least 2GB of free space
- Awareness that the data on your SD Card will be lost after the installation.
Let's get started:
- Firstly get the Beta 2 from the offical release here
- Put zImage, haret.exe, default.txt, o2beta and ext2 folder into MyStorage on your phone.
- Format your SD Card using SD Formatter or Mini Partition Wizard Tool,
Filesystem FAT32 and Clustersize should be 4096 Byte
- Incase that this is your second installation of this software you NEED to use SD Formatter or else your SD Card will be displayed as corrupted.
- Keep your phone plugged in and launch haret.exe form this location:
"My Storage/o2beta/haret.exe" by using a common FileManager
- This will create a ext2 partition of 1024 mb on your SD Card, remaining space will still be FAT32 and free to use for other data.
- After a few minutes your phone will be rebooting (kernel panic might be displayed but an be ignored)
- Now its essential to apply 3d librarys to the installation from here
Just rename the file to o2b2update.tar.gz and copy it to My Storage.
- It's time to launch the haret.exe for the final boot. This time use the haret.exe file in My Storage, not the one from the o2beta folder.
- After a few seconds Android logo should appear.
Additionally you can add better 3d drivers from here
But only use them after the setup or else android won't boot.
For Key mapping refer to Issue 6 on the offical wiki.
The B7610 keymap Rev_80 QWERTZ download is provided here
Update from March 3rd adds sensor support. Get it here
Sensor is upside down on B7610 by default, that's why you need the test_rev100 update to fix it from here
Only apply it after all the previous updates.
That's it, now you have Android on your Samsung Omnia phone!