Camera will not open to take pictures, we have only had the camera about 2 months was working great. When pressing the on switch the camera will not open, a red light on the front comes on and stays on until you take the battery out.
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I will second that. I can't seem to find a solution for the exact same problem. I tried to take a picture but does not respond, If I take the batteries out and put them back in as soon as I turn it on it takes a picture, then doesn't respond again. AHHHHHHH. Ive only had this camera for about 18 months and I'm so disappointed. I had a fujifilm 5600 Which I passed onto my sister we both have never had a problem, it's 5 years old now and still going strong, Now my camera is wiggin out and I need it to work ASAP CAN ANYONE HELP US
Can you get any signs of life? playback pictures etc? Try pressing the playback button instead of the power button. If camera display works then press the picture button and see if the camera will switch over and the lens extends. Also check if the tab on the battery door is not broken. This operates a micro switch to cut off power
Yes, there is a small 2-stage micro switch that needs to be replaced. 1st stage is permanently pressed and not switching/returning back due to so many time it's been pressed. It just time. Switch is right under top cover.
1) Try to unlock it by the lock/unlock switch on the side of the memory card.
2) If step 1 does not work replace memory card with new card.
3) If step 1 & 2 do not work the problem is internal (inside the camera). Go to www.ecasiorepair.com to get a quote for repair. Cost will be anywhere from $39-115 to fix it (if not under warranty). You could even ask if this is a defective camera (lemon) they might even fix it for free? I've seen this issue with the Casio a lot.