Question about Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
I have a lot of red in picture and when playing DVD seems to be more. Was told changing bulb would fix it but it has not. MIKE
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
if that doesnt fix ur issue..... then
You've got a bad optical engine in that set. Very common in the V500 series. If you're under 3 years the engine is covered, if you're over 3 years the warranty has expired. Expect to pay around $1200 - 1500 to repair the set..... if ur set is under three years old call up hitachi even though it says in ur manual its just one year warranty.... tell them that u ve heard that the engine alone has been under extended warranty.... they ll try to convince u saying that this aint a common problem .... dont budge..... have them come over and atleast bear the labour costs if not for the parts....... tat shud atleast save u 500$
it is not advicable for u to change the engine on ur own...... its a complex process and requires tv expertise..... and also the voltages for these kinda models are pretty high..... shud u still wish to replace it urself.... please stay safe... and ensure u ve switched on the tv and drained all the capacitors
if i ve been of help... kindly rate my service
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2015 | Sony Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Nov 30, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 22, 2009 | Hitachi 43FWX20B 43" Rear Projection...
Oct 16, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 19, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-42WE655 42" Rear...
May 01, 2009 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: