Question about D-Link DP-301U (790069251979) Print Server
I purchased a D link DP301U USB print server for use with the Canon PIXMA MX 700 series printer I have but found out after a couple of calls to D Link that the printer was not on their compatible printer list. Any ideas for getting this to work with that particular printer? The return period has ended though my local supplier and I really don't want to go out and buy a compatible printer since I recently purchased the Canon. Basically I get an error message when I try to finish the installation of the print server. Thanks for any help towards this.
Dont' worry about what the d-link site says. its because they haven't
tested it. i got my dp-301u to work fine with my hp1020 on 2 different
workstations with the following steps.
1. install printer locally via usb and test.
2. create a second printer as per the dlink manual creating a port. don't worry about the name as we will delete it.
3. once created go into the properties of the 2nd printer and change the port to something local - anything will do to free up the port.
4. go into the properties of the printer that was created in step 1. and change the port to that of the print server.
5. test print. should work fine.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP810 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 16, 2010 | D-Link DP 301U (DP-301U) Print Server
Dec 30, 2017 | Canon PIXMA iP6220D InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 25, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 03, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 09, 2009 | D-Link DP 301U (DP-301U) Print Server
526 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: