Question about Watches
Seconds Correction Function (0-SET)
1. Procedure for Setting to the
"Seconds" of a Standard Clock
(1) Press button (C - Bottom Left Button) until the date & mode hand moves to
the "0-SET" seconds correction function.
· The sub watch hour hand and sub watch
minute hand indicate the current time.
(2) Press button (B - Top Right Button) in synchronization with
a standard clock or other time signal.
* The movement of the hands differs
according to the position of the second
hand on the watch.
When second hand is between 0 and 29 seconds (watch is running fast relative to the standard clock) :
· Second hand:
Waits at the same position for the amount of time (seconds) the watch is running fast.
(For example, if the watch is running fast by 3 seconds, the second hand waits at the same position for 3 seconds.)
· Date & mode hand:
Moves backward to the location of the date corresponding to the same number of seconds by which the watch is running fast, and then begins to count down from that position. (For example, if the watch is running fast by 3 seconds, the date & mode hand moves backward to the 3 position of the date.)
When the second hand is between 30 and 59 seconds (watch is running slow relative
to the standard clock):
· Second hand: Returns to the 0 seconds position and begins to move.
· Date & mode hand: Waits at the 0-SET position.
· The date & mode hand informs you of the amount of time until the second hand begins to move in the case the second hand is between 0 and 29 seconds when button (B) has been pressed during correction.
· The watch automatically returns to the time display if none of the buttons are pressed
for about 2 minutes.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Try to keep pressing or hold down the left button until it reach zero. What is it that you want to set to zero by the way?
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2013 | Citizen Watches Citizen Eco Drive...
Aug 31, 2010 | Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
Jun 16, 2010 | Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar...
Oct 16, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive BL006056H Wrist Watch
Jun 23, 2009 | Watches
Apr 29, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive BL006056H Wrist Watch
Feb 24, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive AT1000-50E Wrist Watch
Jan 22, 2009 | Bulova Watch
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!