Question about Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Changing the motor is not as difficult as you may think. From the roof, remove the outer shroud of the unit.
1. Remove the front evaporator cover (phillips screws along the edge).
2. Remove the condenser cover from the rear
3. With a 1/8" Allen Wrench, remove the condenser fan. CAUTION, be sure to pay particular attention to the way the fan turns.
4. With the same wrench, remove the blower fan. Again, pay attention to the orientation of the fan.
***If the fans are "stuck" to the shaft, it may be easier to remove the entire unit and place it on a bench to remove them. Secure the fan with a couple of blocks of wood and tap the end of the shaft with a punch and hammer.
5. Remove the nuts holding the fan motor to the separator plate (may have to pull back black foam pad to access. Remove the nut holding the fan to the support.
6. Cut the wires to the motor at the electrical connectors (located inside access panel on side of unit).
7. Remove the two brown wires from the capacitor
8. Re-install the new unit opposite of removal. Pay attention to where the fans were located on the shafts so that they do not rub when you put the unit back together.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2016 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 27, 2011 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Apr 01, 2010 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Dec 22, 2009 | Coleman Mach III Air Conditioner
Aug 16, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Aug 13, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Aug 07, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Apr 12, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: