We cannot find our manual for this answering machine, and it is not available online. The digital display is alternately flashing 0 and then L. We have tried erasing all messages, turning it off and then on.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Instructions if you need to register handsets to the base:
You can register additional handsets to have up to five handsets per base unit, with each handset's number (1 to 5) shown on its display.
1. Press and hold <PAGE> on the base station for more than five seconds to put the base station into registration mode. (Note: there is no feedback to know it is in reg mode.) It will stay in registration mode for about 1 minute. So complete following sequence within this time. (It helps if handset is kept very near to the base during this).
2. Press <MENU> and <UP/DOWN> on the handset to select REGISTRATION.
3. Press <OK> and you are requested to enter the 4-digit system PIN.
4. Enter the 4-digit system PIN.
5. Press <OK> to confirm, and the display will show SEARCHING. If the handset registration is successful, you will hear a confirmation tone and the <antenna icon> will stop flashing. This may take a short while. The handset will automatically be allocated the next available handset number. This handset number is shown in the handset display in standby mode. If thehandset registration is unsuccessful, the <antenna icon> will still flash and the display will return to ' REGISTER', so you will need to repeat registration process.
i was wondering the same thing. i contacted conair, and although they no longer make these things, a very nice lady named maria was able to find an owners manual which she promptly sent me via email. the L means the 4 triple A batteries need to be replaced. hope this helps.
Your machine is set to Announce Only, where it announces you're not available but does not allow the caller to leave a message. To allow the caller to leave a message, switch your machine to Answer. I wish I could tell you exactly how to do that, but since you neglected to specify the model of your VTech 5.8GHz system I can only suggest you enter it into the search box at http://www.vtechphones.com/support/general/manuals to download a copy of the manual.
Describe your problem:
Depress MONTH/DATE and ALARM1 for 3 seconds and display will show DST 'start' month,week,and date. Display will show 4F 4.1, alternately flashing
4F = April First week. 4.1 = April 1.That is the old dates for change. What we want to do is to change to the new dates. Once it is done, it will change in the new dates as it did on the old dates..
Hold down the MONTH/DATE button for 5 seconds, and while pressing the - or down button3 times, until the display shows '3'F2. 3 is month F2 is the week. =March 2nd week. You have successfully change the March changeover.
Now for the November change. Depress and hold MONTH/DATE and ALARM2 after 3 second the display will show DST 'end' month,week, and date. First digit will be 10 =month. second digit will be L=Last week, and date, will flash alternately. While holding down the MONTH/DATE press the + or UP button once the display will show 11 (November) and F (first week) and 1 as date alternately flashing. You have successfully set it forthe next 100 years
The previous solution only works for older machines. I have the same Panasonic model and this works every time. On your handset, hit the top center button(menu). Touch the arrow down button 7 times. Should say "Initial settings". Hit top right button on handset (display shows this is now the "select" key). Display now shows "Set Answering". Hit top right button again ( select key). Display now reads "Ring Count". Hit arrow down button 2 times. Display now reads "Remote Code". Hit select key again and enter your desired 2 digit remote code. Hit "Off" key. When you call the answering machine from the road, simply enter those same digits. Piece of cake. Enjoy.
Setting the Clock Before operating the unit any further, first set the clock built in this unit. • When the unit is turned on with CD or tuner selected, press DISPLAY first to show the clock indication. 1 Press and hold PROGRAM/SET for more than 2 seconds. The hour digits start flashing on the display. 2 Press 4 or ¢ to adjust the hour, then press PROGRAM/SET. The minute digits start flashing on the display. 3 Press 4 or ¢
to adjust the minute, then press PROGRAM/SET. If there is a power failure The
clock loses the setting and is reset to “AM 12:00.” You need to set
the clock again. If the batteries are inserted in the unit, this has no
effect on the memory. To show the clock when CD or tuner is selected Press
Each time you press the button, the display changes the clock indication
and the normal indication alternately. (Operating the unit
while clock indication is displayed change the display to the normal