Question about Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like the broil elemnt in the upper oven is shorting itself out part number 74004106, probly 45 bucks. leave the circuit off adn replace it... the wire(s) leading to it are always live.theres a few screws across the top of the cavity holding it up
Posted on Apr 09, 2008
We had an ugly spill of hot grease/water from a roast, and lots of it ran right into the vent holes on our oven door, covering various layers of glass and other parts inside the door. Yuck. Thankfully we found this site!
"fixetheoven" was certainly on the right track, but missed a key step that makes this job much, much easier. (Maybe they had a few too many sips of wine during the process?! :-)
Anyway, the key to make the job easy, and do-able by one person, is to pull the door off the hinges before starting to remove any screws! Here's how we did it:
1. Open the door about four inches or so, it will stay in place. Hold the door at the sides and lift it up, sliding it right off of the hinges! Now lay it carefully face up on a table so you have easy access to the screws, and no danger of the glass dropping out of the bottom of the door (as apparently happened to "fixedtheoven".)
2. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on one side of the door. (One screw is halfway up the side panel, the other is on the bottom edge of the door.)
3. Slide the panel off, paying close attention to how it fits into place so you can return it to its original position later!
4. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on the other side of the door, and slide that panel out as well.
5. Remove the three screws that hold the panel across the bottom edge of the door, and remove that panel.
6. Now you can slide the front glass out from under the top edge of the door.
7. Clean the front glass, the side panels, and the bottom panel, as needed.
8. There will be another layer of glass inside the door. If it needs cleaning on the underside, remove the screws from one of the metal brackets that hold the glass in place. You can then slide this piece of glass out from the metal bracket at the other side.
9. After cleaning everything, reassemble the door by reversing the above steps.
10. Lift the door by the sides and carefully slide it back into place on the hinges. Be sure it is properly in place and being held there before you let go!!
11. Now go pour that glass of wine and sip to your heart's content, while admiring how clean your oven door is!
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
This sounds like your ignitor has gone out. The preheat will work because the valve doesn't have to ignite to heat to 100 degrees, but whent he unit is ready to ignite, the gas can't ignite it. If you will call or email us, we'll be sure to get the correct ignitor out to you asap so you have your oven orking right away! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so I hope you get this repaired soon. We hope this helps and we hope to hear back from you soon.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
there are two very small screws on the corners above the door, some times more along the whole front
once removed your top will flip right up
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2014 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Aug 07, 2013 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 12, 2012 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 27, 2012 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Sep 13, 2010 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 25, 2010 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Nov 02, 2009 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Sep 29, 2009 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Jul 17, 2008 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: