Need to replace a cracked screen
WD-57731 & WD-65731 Front Disassembly
57” & 65” Models Screen Frame
1) Pull off the Speaker Grill.
2) Remove all the screws (b) from the
upper rear cover (except one at an
upper corner to support the frame).
3) Remove 10 screws (a) from the
front of the screen frame.
4) Remove the remaining ***** (b)
(supporting the frame). Carefully
pull the Screen Frame from the TV
and disconnect the ES and LE
57” & 65” Models Screens Removal from Frame
1) From the rear of the Screen Frame remove 20 screws (a) from the top and bottom rails
2) Remove 6 screws (b) from each side rail.
3) Carefully lift the Screen assembly from the Frame.
MODEL: WD-52631 / WD-57731 / WD-65731
CAUTION: Wear gloves when handling the Lenticular Screen and Fresnel Lens.
This prevents cuts and finger prints. Do not place Fresnel Lens in the sun.
This may cause fire and heat related injuries.
Lenticular Screen and Fresnel Lens Replacement
1) Apply LENS-TAPE along the rear top edge of the Lenticular Screen.
2) Place the Fresnel Lens on top of the Lenticular Screen, and apply pressure along the top edge.
3) Place the screens in the screen frame and reinstall the cushions, top, bottom and side rails.
NOTE: The Lenticular Screen label must face the front and the Fresnel Lens label face the rear.
4) Reverse the Screen Removal Procedure and insert the screens in the Bezel.
Lenticular Screen and Fresnel Lens Removal
1) Remove the top, bottom and side HOLDER-SCREEN rails and their cushions from the Screen Frame.
2) Lift the screens as a single unit from the frame.
2. Separate the Lenticular Screen and Fresnel Lens.
Note: When separating the Lenticular Screen from the Fresnel Lens, use caution
while prying the Screen and Lens apart. Use a slot type ***** driver, and
remove the pressure sensitive double sided tape.
Mar 11, 2008 |
Mitsubishi WD-65731 65" HDTV