Ink tank counter reset code for Canon ipf8000
However, you have to perform the reset before the Maintenance Tank is completely full.
Once it is marked full, the printer won't start, even in Service Mode, until you replace the Maintenance Tank. If this happens, you can still reset the tank by inserting a new Maintenance Tank, start in service mode, then put the old cart back in and reset it
1. Start the printer in service mode (hold down Feeder Selection and Information while pressing power. Keep the feeder and information buttons down until you see an "S" in the upper right corner of the LCD.
2. Press "Menu". There will be a new entry called "SERVICE MODE" with a different menu structure and navigation system.
3. Familiarize yourself with the following facts while in this menu:
a. Left and right change the categories.
b. Down and up go into, and out of (respectively) submenus.
c. From what I've read, the service mode is very powerful - lots of opportunities to really mess things up. Be careful.
4. Select "Service Mode" as you normally would, i.e. scroll down, then press OK.
5. Press the right arrow until you see "Initialize".
6. Press the down arrow.
7. Press the right arrow until "W-INK" is displayed. (Note: be sure you select "W-INK" from the "Initialize" choices instead of "W-INK - CHG CNT" which sounds like just the thing, but doesn't work.)
8. Press OK.
9. The display should show "=W-INK" for about half a second, then plain "W-INK".
10. Press up until you get back to the main menu. Press information until the maintenance cartridge capacity is displayed.
11. The maintenance cartridge capacity is now 100% (aka empty).
12. Press and hold Power to turn off your printer.
13. Turn it back on normally.
14. Maintenance cartridge capacity (not usage!) should still be at 100%.
Dec 31, 2010 |
Canon IMAGEPROGRAF IPF8000 InkJet Plotter...