Question about Bose Lifestyle 30 System

1 Answer

Clicking sound over speakers

I get a clicking sound through my speakers.. It does not happen all the time, but I am not sure if it is due to defective sound cables, the speaker wires or if it could be coming through the cable system and not my sound system.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 48 Answers
Re: Clicking sound over speakers

play a cd does effect remain same.
play radio is sound the same ?

play external source is effect the same?

the cause would appear to be the input voltage to the control module in the cd unit is at the lowest threshold to maintain a valid signal or the external supply is intermittent. ( either way this problem is probably due to a fault on the control circuit in the head unit even if it is only on an external source that there is a problem.)


there could be a fault in the control circuit itself ( this is in the cd unit) and it is dropping out and momentarily switching off the bassbox and speakers. if you are electronically minded you can measure that with a scope......
but that would be a faultly head unit so replacement would be a relaistic option at this stage or hours of fun soldering and visiting radio shack....

you can buy a replacement unit direct from bose or second hand online.

but before you go to end of the earth chasing that one down make sure every cable especially those blue ones and those red and white ones are correctly seated. so plug them all out and plug them all back in again, making sure to push them securley hoem, i would guess that there is a 90% chance that the reson for the fault and 5% foault in control module and 5% fault in cable, but inspect cable for twists and kinks and anywhere where you might have driven a screw or a nail into them, which will definately pull down the control baord momentarily before it coming immediately back up again at the previous volume and giving you a cracking sound. "pun intended"
cablesa re cheap and easily available from bose and bose shops and suppliers.

Posted on Mar 08, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Panasonic SC-BTT775 which will not switch on, there is power there, but when I press the power on button on either remote or the unit there is a double clicking sound and then nothing happens

The clicking sound is probably a relay that is performing a safety feature. However the fact it double clicks might mean it is switching on then switching straight off again.
That to me indicates that it has detected an overload. You should check your speakers and wires for short circuits, bad connections and all the rest that can cause shorts in the speakers set up. If that doesn't clear it, you could have a short in one or more of the power amplifier transistors or semi-conductors found on the big heat sink inside.

Aug 01, 2015 | Panasonic Home Theater Systems

1 Answer

Sound (Audio) Drops Out

This unit is shutting down the outputs probably due to heat. There are thermal detection transistors inside that will shut off the output amp section if it gets too hot. There can be a number of reasons for this. Check the speaker wires to be sure that they are not frayed at all and that none of the strands are touching. Other than that there may be defective parts inside that are sensitive to heat.


Jul 15, 2008 | RCA RT2280 System

5 Answers

No sound through speakers

Seems a problem with the board. It too complex to explain here, but I recommend gettin in touch with a serviceman.

Jul 14, 2008 | Sony DAV-S300 System

1 Answer

New System Just out of the Box and the very first time I turn it on it checks for all the DVD's and then "Protector Puch power" Message. I check all the wires and Not sure how to do test tone as every time...

Straight to power protect mode indicates crossed wires somewhere or otherwise miswired system. Disconnect all the speakers and try to power on to see if it still goes into protect mode.

If it does, read the manual for troubleshooting tips, or return the unit as defective.

If it does not then replace the speakers one by one until it returns. Check the wires going into that speaker, that speaker may be defective or you may be wiring it wrong.

Aug 14, 2009 | Sony DAV-HDX500 System

1 Answer

Subwoofer clicks and quits

The power amp that drives the subwoofer has quit. This will require repair. It is likely that the replacement you got from Ebay was defective as well. Not un-expected as I get stuff to repair from there all the time.

Your original unit failed in a manner to shut down the power supply. The replacement has a good power supply but a only fried sub amp.

Aug 10, 2009 | JVC TH-M606 System

2 Answers

Clicking noise on Multitech/Dolby setting


Did you experience this from the start (since the first time you used it) or did it started just recently? Check that the HDMI cable is connected properly at both ends and it's not near/touching any other cable or power supply. After checking this and if it is still there then it could be a fault with the cable. If you have another cable to try, that would be great.

Dec 26, 2007 | Philips HTS-6500/37 System

1 Answer

I have a technics and everytime i plug in it keeps clicking but nothing else the power button lights up

I dont know what kind of clicking is being heard. It might sound like a dead power transformer not clicking over. Or it might be you have some crossed speaker wires. If you did any kind of rewiring recently remove and cut off 1 inch on all ends of speaker wire at receiver end as well as speaker side and twist nice and tightly to not allow any stray wires from crossing over to the other terminals. Sometimes speakers have a protect mode when it sees a crossed cable. I am not quite sure but it is a good place to start looking. Good luck.

Feb 19, 2009 | Technics Home Theater Systems

2 Answers

Only one surround back speaker works

It sounds to me like one of your speakers may be mis-wired. Try reversing the speaker wire (don't switch right-for left, but switch negative for positive) and see if that changes anything.

Dec 31, 2007 | Onkyo HT-SR800 System

1 Answer


I have a similar problem. The set is under warranty and the Philips technician came to check it. he said that if the system is on all the time, the memory gets used and when there is a sudden loud sound in the movie, the balance memory is inadequate to handle the load. he suggested that I keep the set's power switched off and switch on only when I use it. This seems to have made things better.

Aug 14, 2007 | Philips HTS3450 System

1 Answer

Bad level of sound.

try hooking up other speakers to receiver, and other receiver to speakers, in order to determine which is the problem causer. open up receiver and check the contacts of the speaker swiches. also check the speaker relays, many times problem lyes there.

Nov 29, 2005 | RCA RT2360 System

Not finding what you are looking for?
Bose Lifestyle 30 System Logo

974 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Bose Home Theater Systems Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

6993 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

5327 Answers

Are you a Bose Home Theater System Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides