My electric probblem was you expert clowns. you may use my bank account for not answering my question as you advertise.
remember what goes around comes around. bbb will be notified about your scheme, and...
1) Free offer available right now Jan 21 2011:
Add a comment right now.
Say specifically what problem are you having.
Describe what you have been told so far.
Describe what product you are working with, and the exact symptoms.
If this is a timer, describe if it is new or old, and exactly what wires are connected to the timer, and what the timer controls. Add if you are working with 120V or 240V.
Take a photo of the problem and post it on Imgur.com and then post the URL here so I can see the problem.
I know electric wiring and timers but need the information above to avoid guessing.
Just add a comment and specifically state what the problem is.
I will answer your question correctly IF possible.
Not every problem can be fixed by you, nor can on-line advice give you the tools and know-how to fix every problem.
2) Second thing to consider is this:
We work for folks.
Sometimes the answer is free, but sometimes the answer costs money.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
3) When you have a professional service guy over, he gets paid whether the problem is fixed or not. Old stuff is not new stuff and busted stuff is usually not repairable.
And the doctor always gets paid to tell you which problem you have.
4) No matter if you get a free answer at fixya, or pay for an answer at fixya, or hire a service tech to come to your site: sometimes the thing cannot be fixed in a simple way and you need a new timer, new service panel, new water heater, new electric line, or a new everything from service meter to outdoor ground rod, or water pipe the house is grounded to. That's a fact.
5) So when the simple a-b-c fixya answer you paid for does not work, then the problem may be larger.
At no time does fixya guarantee that we can fix something we can't see, and that you own, and that might be defective, and is probably connected to other things we can see, and which might be busted beyond repair and you're not professionally qualified for do-it-yourself assessment or do-it-yourself repairs, and a may not be qualified to describe the problem well enough so that fixya folks know for certain what the problem is.
6) On-line repair advice is a good place to start. You chose on-line answer to save a service call. And you were hoping for an easy fix. In this case, the on-line answer tells you that a service call is necessary. You took the gamble probably because you're not qualified to assess the problem you are having, and the on-line answer tells you that a service call is needed. And you will have to pay for that service call. And you CANNOT expect service to be free, since nobody cooks hamburgers for free.
7) Add a comment for free service as described in #1 above. You do the work. And I will give it a shot. But something tells me you suspected all along the dang thing is busted beyond repair.
Jan 21, 2011 |
Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...