How to remove lower front panel on kenmore 90 series dryer dryer runs a few minuites heats up then shuts off i think it needs lint cleaned from inside unit i'm trying to get inside to do this
On my 7 year old Series 90 Dryer, I
- unplug the dryer
- use a flash light to locate the two black metal spring clips (located about 3 inches from each end of the lower panel along its top edge). They can be seen in the crack between the upper and lower panels.
- use a putty knife, or similar tool, to press down each clip while pulling out that edge of the panel.
- The panel slips off the lower clips easily.
- on some models there is a lone yellow wire with a connector on the end. If it is unconnected to anything, don't go nuts thinking that you have disconnected a wire by accident. Its one of those unused wires on some models.
- collect as many coins as possible before you vacuum the inside of the machine. Leaning the machine forward can often slide hidden coins to the front. BE SURE YOU CAN LEAN THE MACHINE WITHOUT HAVING IT FALL ON YOU. Otherwise, plan on collecting the coins from the vacuum cleaner when you finish.
- replace the panel by first threading the panel on to the lower clips, then closing the panel. CLICK, CLICK. FINISHED.
Congrats you have cleaned it, possibly avoided a house fire and added to the mad money collection. Hope this helped.
Mar 16, 2009 |
Kenmore 73952 Gas Dryer