Question about Refrigerators
On morning a flash of night came from my GE smart water table top cooler. I unplugged it because it smelled hot. I also took the back off of the water cooler to see if I could see anything. I noticed that a black wire with connector seems to be burn off. Can this be fixed? Can I still use it if I shut the red hot water switch off on the back? Can it still be used?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Burning smell from Microwave
If you clean any appliances always plug out the unit power supply do spray any liquid in the unit that can enter inside the control, instead just wipe it with rug not spray. In this situation you have to call for a qualified technician. Maybe there are some wires that burned or rust in the control that cause the short circuit inside the unit..
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
I am not the Dryer fixin' trade...but I have this dryer. To me, it sounds like it overheating or the heater unit has become lose from its hold rack. I would MOST definitely have a pro look at it and do NOT leave the dryer unattended...It may be a possible fire hazzard
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
SOURCE: burning odor, no heat
A burning smell along with a different sound (growl) USUALLY indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. This is not a direct short (short circuit) or the line fuse would have blown shutting everything down. The High Voltage Side is made up of-- The Secondary ,or High Voltage Side of The High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, A High Voltage Capacitor, and The Magnetron. If The High Voltage Transformer is the problem it will smell like a florescent light ballast burning, and will smell each time you turn on the MW. A HV Diode burns and opens, thus no more smell. A HV Capacitor usually does not burn nor does the Magnetron. There is no Cheap-Fix unless you can see that the HV Diode is burned into and you can get to it to replace. CAUTION: Always unplug from power before attempting to repair. NOTE: If you replace a Diode make sure it goes back in the same direction it came out. Yes there is a front and back.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: Burning Smell
go to the appliaces store and buy an rc4 three in one reley its simple to put on and more than likely the culpret it you have any promblems putting it on reply to me esp if the reley thats on it is white
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
I would reset the module. Open the fridge door, keep the freezer door closed, then press the mode button (located on the display panel. This will re initiate the electronics
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2015 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Sep 09, 2017 | Furniture
Nov 27, 2017 | Water Filters & Coolers
Mar 25, 2011 | General Electric Water Heaters
Oct 06, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
May 02, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jan 08, 2009 | General Electric GE SmartWater Household...
Nov 09, 2008 | Water Heaters
Jun 07, 2008 | GE WHRE5260E Top Load Washer
May 14, 2008 | Fisher and Paykel IWL12 Top Load Washer
Apr 25, 2018 | GE Refrigerators
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!