Question about Garmin NUVI-255W 4.3-inch Widescreen Automotive GPS Receiver - USB - S
If you had lifetime updates you just need to run the latest update, otherwise you will need to but an update to get it fixed. One time should be enough 49.99. Sometimes on sale though.
Posted on Jun 30, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Have you tried updating the unit at Garmin's Website?
Let me know if you need help, I can get you the right web-link if needed.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Go to your account at garmin that you created to manage your maps.
Click Manage Maps
You should see your unit and it’s unlock codes
Copy all the unlock codes for your device
Close your internet browser
Right click on your desktop
Click new, and then click a new Text Document
Click on the newly created Text Document icon from the desktop
Type your unlock codes into the document
Click File and Save as
Change the file name to gmapprom.unl (( double check this please ))
Change the “Save as type” to "All files"
Close the document
You should see the file gmapprom.unl on your desktop
Right click on the gmapprom.unl file and then click copy
Plug your Garmin device in and then click Computer/ My Computer
Click on the nüvi drive
Right click on the Garmin folder and click paste
Safely disconnect your Garmin device from the computer
this resolves the problem for you.
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Contact Garmins Tech support hot Line they will walk you through the process and if they can't fix it over the phone they will send you a disk that will completely fix the "NO detailed maps found that support routing" I have contacted them with the same problem and the disc was free of charge.
Posted on May 27, 2009
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2013 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Feb 18, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Nov 04, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Oct 30, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jul 27, 2010 | GPS
Jul 15, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Mar 21, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
Mar 18, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jan 24, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: