Question about Plumb Craft by Waxman Retail Supplies

Open Question



Posted by Anonymous on


5 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 16 Answers

SOURCE: I have an old commercial

plz cont -- 23051554 \ 23095757

Posted on Aug 05, 2008

  • 31 Answers

SOURCE: the rubber under the tank bowl is leaking were do i get the rubbe

you can get this at just about all hardware stores its a common iten try lowes or home depot if your local hardware store doent have them

Posted on Sep 13, 2009

  • 148 Answers

SOURCE: Trying to install kohler toilet seat 4694. There

The rubber washers go on top and the metal underneath. The rubber gaskets hold the seat in position once it is bolted down.

Posted on Feb 07, 2011

Testimonial: "Minutes after posting my where do the rubber washers go vs. the metal ones (the manufacturer's sketch was unclear)--wayneman369 came to the rescue!"

  • 192 Answers

SOURCE: Thank you for previous response.

Do not over tighten it you just need to make it snug enough as not to wobble.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Leaky Seal

By leaking do you mean onto the bathroom floor, or is water escaping out the flush valve (the part that the Hydroright is seated in) into the toilet bowl. If the former 1) check toilet tank mounting bolts/gaskets for deterioration or looseness. These are usually 5/16"x3" brass bolts with rubber, plastic, and metal washers with a nut. They can be seen protruding through bottom of tank. 2) check flush valve and rubber gasket between tank and bowl. The flush valve is the one that the refill tube goes into and the hydroright seats into.
If you are only leaking water into bowl I would suggest the blue dome gasket ( part of Hydroright kit) is not properly seated properly into flushvalve, and you may have to re-install hydroright (the instructions explain how to remove and re-install) . I broke my existing/old flush valve at the base when trying to install my Hydroright so maybe it was fortuitous that it broke and I had to install a new one. Hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2013 | HydroClean Hydroright Dual Flush Converter...

1 Answer

Toilet bowl is leaking at the screws. They are brand new and as tight as I can get them. Is there a better screw to buy?

Without clarification I can only offer the following.
The tank sits on a rubber ring that is between the tank and the commode. The screws come with rubber washers, and sometimes have metal flat washers as well. The screw assembly should be as follows:
If metal flat washers are provided, they go on the screw first. Then the rubber washer. If it is cone shaped the big end goes on first so the cone will be pointing down when installed. Insert this assembly through the tank and commode. Install the nut, usually nylon, loosely. There is usually no washer required for the nut as it is normally designed to be self centering. Repeat for other side. Once both are in, tighten them hand tight making sure they are tightened evenly. If the assembly did not include the metal flat washers (step one) try to tighten the assembly from the bottom without turning the screw heads to avoid torquing the rubber washers. Use the slot head only to hold the screw while tightening the nut. Alternate sides making sure that you are tightening them evenly. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN as you can crack/break the porcelain very easily.
I have seen the rubber washers installed between the tank and base as sometimes the instructions are not clear. Even though this seems to make sense they must be inside the tank.
Hope this helps.

Feb 19, 2011 | Dmm Mansfield 119CL EcoQuantum Toilet Tank...

1 Answer

Theres a leak between tank and commode what needs replacing?

There are three rubber washers. There are two small ones under the heads of the bolts that pull the tank and the bowl together. (If this is a new toilet, it could be that these need a little tightening, but don't break it!) There is a large rubber washer where the water goes from the tank to the bowl.
f this is an old toilet, turn off the water, remove the water, remove the water supply pipe from the bottom of the tank, then remove the two bolts holding the tank and bowl together. Lift off the tank and you will see the rubber washers. Remove them and clean. Hardware stores have replacements. It might help to take the old washers with you to the store. You should replace the bolts if they are corroded. They sell kits that have the bolts and all three rubber washers included. Good luck. Al K

Aug 30, 2010 | Sterling Home

1 Answer

Cannot get the bolts and rubber washers to seal properly in the holding tank of our new TOTO Drake toilets

Some manufacturers specify only to use rubber washers inside the tank, and only one bolt on bottom. I usually assemble the bolt with one metal washer on bolt ( or bolt with large head) then a rubber washer, then through tank, then another washer, then a metal washer (brass or stainless) then another nut. Snug these nuts up tight, but be careful not to over tighten or you'll break the tank. Do this to all the bolts. Then set the tank on bowl, with the bolts extending through the bottom. Make sure your gasket is up all the way on the nipple, so the tank will tighten to the stops on the bowl. Now put another set of rubber washer, and metal washer and nut (thumb nuts are fine here) Tighten till tank doesn't rock and is resting on stops. Now it doesn't have to be so tight, as the bolts are already tight in the tank. You can get a fluidmaster bolt kit at home depot that has enough bolts, washers and all

Aug 02, 2010 | Toto Home

1 Answer

Toilet tank to bolt repair has make the leak worse

Rubber goes on the inside. Might be an optional laarge flat washer and nut on the bottom (outside)

Feb 21, 2010 | Plumb Pak Waste & Overflow Pipe Kit, 1...

2 Answers

Installing new jacuzzi 1.6 gallon maxima toilet. despite following the instructions, the water is leaking from between where the tank connects to the bowl. Please help.

Yes, it seems the folks who wrote the instructions have never actually done any plumbing.

first place a rubber washer on the bolt, then put it through the hole in the tank. Then place another rubber washer on the bolt, followed by a metal washer and a nut. Tighten the nut, not the bolt.
Using a screwdriver hold the bolt in place, and tighten the nut until snug and the rubber washers are compressed slightly.

Follow this step with all the "tank to bowl" bolts.

Now the bolts are tight to the tank and will not leak water.

Then place the large rubber gasket over the flush valve hole on the bottom of the tank. and set the tank on the bowl with the bolts through the bowls holes.

Place a metal washer on the bolt, and then a nut.

Tighten each nut equally until the tank has no wobble.

Oct 01, 2009 | Jacuzzi Bath Maxima EL61 959 White...

1 Answer

Im looking for the seal on a sterling toliet that connects the tank to the bowl. it also cover the three bolts.

you dont have to use the same gasket. you can use a tank to bowl kit that has washers to cover the holes for the can get this tank to bowl kit at home depot or any plumbing supply. this will do the same thing that the one piece gasket will do. just make sure that you dont over tighten the bolts. this may damage the tank.this is a simple and easy job to fix.good luck with your project.

Sep 18, 2009 | Home

1 Answer

I fixed (I think) a broken flaper valve assembly. In doing so, I created a leak where the bolts affix the tank to the bowl. I can't find a rubber gasket assembly (I don't even know if that is the right...

Go to home depot and tell them you need a tank-to-bowl gasket. They have them at home depot and it may come with new bolts for the tank-to-bowl fastening. New bolts would be a good idea to pick up anyway. One rubber washer under each head, then a rubber washer at the bottom of the tank. Use a metal washer and nut to secure this to the tank, then use another washer and nut from the bowl to the tank.

Jul 06, 2009 | Sterling Home

1 Answer

I need torque specs.for head and centerhead when replacing new gaskets.

never have used a torque wrench to install toilet tanks. Put gasket on tank and insert bolts with rubbers washers through gasket and set tank on bowl in a level and straight postion and start nuts tightening them evenly until tank starts to snug to bowl. Hand tight is usually sufficient, you will see the rubber gasket and washers will compress to bowl and tank forming a seal (EVENLY) and tank will be firm to bowl. DO NOT superman torque these nuts! Compare the torque to finger strength on a wing nut. Hope this helps ,"if I understood the question."

Mar 22, 2009 | Kohler KOHGP51487 Authorized Original...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Retail Supplies Logo

Related Topics:

383 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumb Craft by Waxman Retail Supplies Experts


Level 3 Expert

1646 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Patrick Tinashe...

Level 2 Expert

592 Answers

Are you a Plumb Craft by Waxman Retail Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides