Question about Microwave Ovens
HI, Powerpoint PP900INT Seems to be working fine, but does not heat the contents. About 7 years old. Tried leaving it unplugged for a day! Since it is integrated into the kitchen, I woul rather not replace it. Since I am broke, I would rather not replace it. Since I was an engineer, there may be something I could do, so having a look online for similar experiences. Regards Robert
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Cannot heat
Sounds like it overheated, tripped the thermostat, then the thermostat reset. Chances are you have a bad magnetron. GE may have a campaign (not a "recall", mind you!) to offer free replacements if yours is a model that has a known history of problems with the magnetrons. I would call GE and ask them about that. *grin* GE Answer Center 1-800-626-2005 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Posted on Dec 14, 2006
SOURCE: Microwave stopped heating!
This may have already been dealt with, but others can benefit from an accurate, thoughtful reply to this problem.
Concerning the problem Guest is having with the fan coming on when the door is open.
This is usually caused by either a bad door switch, a loose door switch mount, or a problem on the control panel.
Even though a door switch clicks, it may still be bad inside.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical information on safety, disassembly and door switches at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Concerning the original problem of no heating:
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose conneciton on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave troubleshooting...
My GE spacesaver microwave all of a sudden stopped heating up things. The lights, fan, turntable, etc. work, but nothing is heating up. Any suggestions?
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
More than likely the magnetron has failed. This could be for a number of reason. Do you use your microwave to heat wheat packs or warm plates? If so, you may have dried the magnetron out (they use the moisture in whatever you're cooking to heat it, and plates/wheat bags have no moisture).
I'd say a trip to your local Microwave repairer could be in order. It could also be the High Voltage Fuse which has failed. Either way a repairer will be able to tell you!
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 24, 2015 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Feb 06, 2011 | Panasonic NN-S541 Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV145K Microwave Oven
Mar 09, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMV8208A Microwave Oven
Feb 18, 2009 | Smeg FMC24 850 Watts Convection /...
Dec 19, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Jul 16, 2008 | Whirlpool MH6150XM Microwave Oven
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!