Sir i am indian citizenship person, i want citizen ship of us or uk ..
i thought to marry a us or uk girl.. and even i got one proposal from us..
but she is having permanent residency of us .. but...
hi shanth , Actually in legal term Permanent residency refers to a person's visa status: the person is allowed to reside indefinitely within a country of which he or she is not a citizen. A person with such status is known as a permanent resident.
Yes you can get Permanent Residency of us if you marry her , this are the steps
1. Immigration is a little more suspicious of relationships with a large age gap but if you send some proof of your relationship being real, proof of you dating and living together, joint lease, bills, bank account etc. that will help convince them.
2. She needs to sponsor you for PR. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp and read about it.
3. You have to prove that your marriage is real and also there are some requirements to your sponsor like not being on social assistance etc.
4. If you choose the inland application, you apply for a work permit at the same time you send in your sponsorship application, it takes officially around 6 months to get first stage approval and work permit.
5. With an inland application, you could have PR in 12-18 months. It is not advised for you to travel while the file is being processed. If you choose the outland application, you will not get a work permit but you will get PR faster. You can either choose to have it processed in your home country or since you are legally in Canada you can have it processed in the US. The outland first takes a month to approve sponsorship and then as shown here depending on country: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp Processed in the US, it would take on average 5 months. For your homeland, you'd have to look at the list.
But shanth You are young man and there are plenty of opportunities for
you.........don't get married because of a PR card, you will regret it.
Go for true love, live independently and achieve goals on your own.
Jan 03, 2011 |
Computers & Internet