Question about Whirlpool Dryers
I'm trying to replace the "belt retainer," but can't figure out how to remove the motor pulley - the hex nut where the pulley connects. Is it clockwise or counter-clockwise?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dryer belt replacement
Here's a URL to a website showing an exploded view of the parts in your washer, and I noticed that one of those drawings shows the proper belt path for installation: --> http://www.partselect.com/MultiModels.aspx?ModelNum=CDE6000&searchTerm=&RefineSearch=0 Hope this helps! :)
Posted on Aug 06, 2007
SOURCE: Replacing dryer belt
let me know if you need more help Mike
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
SOURCE: MDE5500AYW Drum belt
I dont think you broke the belt, I think it may have just come off the belt tensioner. Take the bottom of the back panel off and I think you will see it hanging in there. Just put er back on.
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
SOURCE: dryer spins counter clockwise
When installing new belt the belt comes off the right side of the drum and through the idler and around the motor shaft, then up the left side
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
I'm not sure what kinda unit you have, but you can find your diagram for how the belt should be on repairclinic.com/0079.asp
just pick the brand you have.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
on Jan 22, 2015 | Tunturi Exercise & Fitness
Jan 05, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
6) Rotate the motor to the right to relieve the belt tension and remove belt from motor pulley
7) After belt is removed from motor pulley, rotate motor to the left as far as possible to assure cam bar clearance.
8) The spin cam bar must be advanced to the spin position. Push up on the spin control solenoid plunger and rotate the main drive pulley until the cam bar advances to the spin position.
9) Remove the brake yoke spring from the gear case cover and yok. (see figure 2)
10) Remove completely the 3 support braces attached to the gear case and base plate. (see figure 3)
11) Remove the 2 pump mounting bolts. The pump hoses do not have to be disturbed. (see figure 3)
12) Remove the gear case mounting stud which has the spacer. remove spacer (see figure 2). Loosen the remaining 2 gear case mounting studs approximately 7 turns. (see figure 3).
13) Remove yoke retainer from yoke support. (see figure 2 for the types of yoke retainer).
14) The gear case can now be pulled down so that the belt can be slipped out between the top of of the clutch shaft and the clutch yoke. (see figure 4) and then through the space beneath the short stud; drop the belt from around the gear case.
15) Reverse the procedure in steps 15 & 13 to install the new belt.
16) Replace the pump making certain the pump lever is engaged in the notch in the agitator cam bar before securing the pump to the gear case ( see figure 5).
17) Grasp the bottom loop of the yoke spring with a pair of pliers and engage the spring with the hole in the upper gear case cover (see figure 2).
18) Replace spacer in short gear case mounting stud. Tighten the 3 gearcase mounting bolts ( finger tight only ). Next, set the machine upright and tighten the gear case mounting bolts securely. This procedure will allow the superstructure to properly align itself with the center post bearing.
19) Lay the machine on it's front to mount the 3 support braces to the gearcase baseplate. Tighten the bolts securely.
20) To adjust the belt tension properly, position the belt over the pulleys. Insert a hammer handle or some other lever between the motor mounting brackets. Rotate the motor to the left as far as it will go. Tighten the nuts holding the motor mounting bracket. Check the tension of the belt, it should deflect about 1/2 inch. (see figure 1).
21) Set machine upright. Reinstall the agitator, agitator cap, service panel, water hoses and connect electrical supply.
Mar 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Mar 29, 2010 | Haier HLP21E Top Load Washer
Jan 05, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Oct 13, 2009 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Mar 03, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Voyager
May 15, 2018 | Whirlpool Dryers
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!