Question about HP COLOUR LASERJET CP4525DN Printer
Cannot change paper size in tray 2 always saying RA4 paper there and I try loading letter will not take it
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: settings in HP Printer LJ 4100.
The 4100 will look at tray 1 first then tray 2 If tray 1 is empty it will pull from tray 2 if the papersize matches the job otherwise back to tray 1 and ask for the paper.
Your machine likely thinks the paper in tray 2 is not the size you want. For instance you have LETTER in tray2 But the machine thinks it is legal.
The LJ 4100 detects the paper size in tray 2 automatically. If you print a configuration page:
MENU them INFORMATION then ITEM then CONFIGURATION PAGE then SELECT.
The page will print and show what size paper the machine thinks is in Tray 2 if it says LEGAL and you have LETTER you need to Check The Paper Backstop in TRAY 2.
The back stop sets the length of the paper if it is not at Letter (8 1/2 x 11) the machine will not detect LETTER. Even if it just a little bit off or between positions.
If it is set at LETTER then you may have bad switches in the machine that are operated by the tray.
Or the arms on the tray that operate the switches are not moving properly.
You will find the arms on the rt, side of the tray and feel them change position when you move the backstop.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
1. Press the OK button to bring you back.
2. Press the menu button repeatedly until paper size comes up
3. Use arrows to change paper size from automatic to whatever size you are looking for.
4. Start Copy
This worked for the HP Officejet 7210 All in one
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
You have the settinigs on the printer wrong. There are two things you need to do:
1. Open the tray and check that the paper guides are set to 8.5 x 11 (letter). There are both length and width guides in the paper tray, and EXEC size is quite a bit off from letter-it is more than 0.5 inch narrower than letter. It is also shorter than letter.
2. On the printer, use the settings button to navigate to the paper size. (The exact wording may vary; it's been a while since I worked on a 4050. It may be under print settings.) Once you find the paper size menu, configure tray 2-yes, I'm sure-to use letter size, any type. By the way, on HP lasers, tray 1 is the fold down tray on the front, tray 2 is the tray that will hold 500 sheets of paper and is the "drawer" that you load. Don't ask me why they use that numbering system.
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
I just ran into this same issue with an HP LaserJet P4015n. Worked with HP and the resolution ended up being the following.
Hopefully this will work with the P4515n printer as well.
1. Open EWS page (printer page) in Internet Explorer.
2. Log into printer as administrator
2. Click on Settings tab, Configure device, System Setup
3. You will find Tray Behavior
4. Change tray 2 model to Standard Tray.
This should give you the standard options for the Tray 2 size or default to the size detected.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2014 | HP LaserJet P3005dn Printer
Mar 03, 2011 | Canon imageRUNNER 3035 Black and White...
Apr 17, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Mar 20, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4050n Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4050 Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Jul 28, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
Mar 24, 2009 | Lexmark Optra S 1855 Laser Printer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: