Question about Sharp Microwave Ovens
My Sharp Microwave Drawer KB-1614LS suddenly stopped heating, while everything else appears to operate normally. I've tested 5 door switches, 2 thermal cut-outs, 2 relays, the magnetron, HV capacitor and diode, power transformer, stirrer motor and fan -- but all checks out. I cleaned magnetron cooling fins (they were black and greasy on one side)and waveguide cover. Have I missed something? I do worry that I didn't correctly perform the HV diode and transformer tests, as they were trickier: 1. I tested the HV diode with a 9V battery b/c my multimeter only goes up to 20M ohms. Not sure if I did that right. 2. I couldn't identify all the coil testing locations on the power transformer [instructions read: Disconnect the primary input terminals and measure the resistance of the transformer with an ohmmeter. Check for continuity of the coils with an ohmmeter. On the R x 1 scale, the resistance of the primary coil should be less than 1 ohm and the resistance of the high voltage coil should be approximately 90 ohms; the resistance of the filament coil should be less than 1 ohm]. I'd appreciate help with those tests and any other ideas. I'm already sick of this microwave!! Thanks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Even though the magnetron passed the continuity tests, it can still be bad. In fact, most of them fail in ways that do not show up in continuity tests.
And I am 99% certain yours is bad, especially since you have proven that the filament voltage and high voltage DC is being produced and sent to the magnetron.
I must say that the testing you have done is not recommended for people without plenty of experience, but apparently you did it safely. Please don't press your luck, since the high voltage can be instantly lethal.
For Goldstar / LG / L.G. parts, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat 8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
SOURCE: Blown fuses
Well you certainly have done a lot of work on a microwave that is not worth the effort. When fuses blow and destroy other items ,it is time to junk it and up date. I have found that when something like what happens 9 times out of 10 it will be the magnetron or transformer either of which will be more than 1/2 the cost of a new machine.
Posted on May 18, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2013 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven
Feb 12, 2013 | Sharp KB-6524PS 24-Inch Microwave Drawer...
You can check out these links to
buy Sharp Microwave in UK:
Hope this helps...please post back
for further assistance.
Mar 18, 2011 | Sharp Insight® KB-6002 1000 Watts...
Aug 31, 2010 | Sharp Insight® KB-6002 1000 Watts...
Feb 05, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2009 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Nov 17, 2009 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven
Dec 06, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 19, 2008 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: