Question about Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet Printer
Pixma620. Vista 64 bit system. New computer. New printer. Repeated attempts to install wireless, fail. Repeatedly get message "new port could not be created." Have followed recommendations here without success.
Do I need to install the 64 bit drivers from Canon site? If so, which 64 bit driver (one is labelled "for network", the other just Vista 64 bit). And if so, at what point do I install this driver (before, after software installation?).
Any help would be apprciated
Check this link for wireless setup:
There are Vista 64 drivers on the CD that came with the printer, but if you want to download, you should download the network drivers if you are installing the printer to work on a wireless local area network (LAN).
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Thank you for writing to us. We value you as a Canon customer and
apologize for the installation difficulties you have had with your PIXMA
Uninstalling and reinstalling the network port and printer driver should
resolve this issue. To perform the uninstall, please have the PIXMA
MX340's CDROM in the CDROM drive and then follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run.
2. Click Browse. In the browse window, on the left hand side in the
row of big icons, click on My Computer.
3. In the window to the right, double click the printer CDROM named
4. Double click the folder named WIN.
5. Double click the folders named Driver and then DrvSetup.
6. Double click the file named DELDRV. In the Run box click ok.
7. Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall
8. Once finished, click on Start and then Run.
9. Click Browse. In the browse window, on the left hand side in the
row of big icons, click on My Computer.
10. In the window to the right, double click the printer CDROM named
11. Double click the folders named WIN, DRIVER and then LAN.
12. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
13. In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port
14. The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please
click Yes to restart the computer.
Once the printer has been uninstalled, restart the computer.
When the computer restarts, please make sure to disable any firewall or
anti-spyware programs currently installed. Then we will reinstall. To
do so, please follow these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX340 off.
2. Insert the CDROM that came with the unit. The setup program will
3. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
4. Click on Custom Install.
5. When the Custom Install screen appears, Check the MP Drivers/MX340
Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.
6. Read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.
7. When the Setup Method appears, choose Printer is already connected
to the network.
8. Click Next.
9. When the Printer Connection screen appears, connect the PIXMA MX340
to the computer using the USB cable and turn on the PIXMA MX340.
10. Click Next on the Setup Preparations screen.
11. When the Access Points screen appears, select an access point to
use and then click Connect.
12. If the Set Printer IP Address screen appears, click Connect.
13. If the Network Setup of Card Slot window appears, click Next.
14. When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, disconnect the USB
cable and then click Next.
15. On the Connection Performance Measurement screen, click Next.
16. Confirm the results and then click Finish to complete the
Once this process is complete, try printing to test the connection with
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your
Thank you for choosing Canon.
Technical Support Representative
Posted on Feb 13, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2013 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Apr 17, 2012 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 24, 2011 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2010 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Jan 04, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Dec 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 11, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Sep 01, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
6,699 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!