Question about Canon PIXMA MX892 multifunction printer
Printer jams all the time. Can't print a single copy without jamming.
Posted by Anonymous on
There might be something loged between the pickup gears. I would suggest bringing it in to a qualified printer repair shop to have it looked. it might be a simple staple or lint that's jamming the gears.
Posted on Nov 29, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi guys, I eventually found a solution to the problem for my printer. With the top cover open, I pushed a sheet of 120 micron thickness A4 clear plastic binding cover through the exit tray as far as it would go to rest against the bottom row of rollers. I switched the printer off then back on again and as the rollers lifted momentarily, I pushed the sheet of plastic as far up through the machine as I could before the rollers went down again - it went in a fair distance. The printer then ejected the plastic sheet. I then put the plastic sheet into the paper tray and tried to print a blank document page. The plastic fed through cleanly and my printer has been working since without any error messages. I hope this works for you.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
SOURCE: Cartridge jammed
EUREKA! At least the following worked for me w/ this piece of sshhhh.....
went to menu - user data - cleaning..after the "cleaning' whatever that is...it worked. I also took out the cartridges and cleaned the ink contacts. hope it works out
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Hope I could still share with you this fix because this is where you need to look at when you think you have done everything to remove the paper jam.
1. Turn off the printer and pull out all plugs and power cord that is attached to your printer.
2. Remove the paper tray at the bottom and let the printer lie at its back so that you can see underneath.
3. Get a flashlight and look closely for the sensor located underneath the printer. The sensor is located in a small square hole, just above the small black plastic "lever" (looks like a small hockey paddle) on the left side of the gray rubber roller. Move the lever so that you can freely look closer on the hole.
4. Notice because there could be a tiny paper shred stuck inside and this causes the sensor to detect a paper jam.
5. Get a small tweezer to remove that paper out.
6. Next, let the printer stand normally and return the tray back.
7. Re-plug all cables and start your printer. That's it!
You can also click on this link for this trick.
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
I had the same problem for DAYS and there was no paper jammed at all. I went to the cannon site as a last ditch effort & the solution below fixed it. Just clean the rollers and the link tells you how. Good luck!
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
SOURCE: Printer keeps on jamming paper
Turn the darn thing over and shake it. there's probably something in there. In mine it was a miniature oyster cracker. Works great now but I was about to go insane until i shook it out.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2015 | OKI B4600 Printer
Feb 13, 2014 | HP LaserJet Enterprise P3015d BW laser...
Aug 28, 2011 | Lexmark Prevail Pro705 Wireless All-In-One...
Jul 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
May 04, 2009 | Canon - SUPER G3 FAX BOARD-T1 (0450B002AA)
Jan 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA® MP530 All-In-One Printer
Jan 02, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 05, 2008 | HP Officejet 6200 All-In-One InkJet...
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: