Question about Coby DVD-207 Portable DVD Player
I put the DVD in and powered on the unit. It was on stand by. The dvd did not spin as it normally would. The screen said OPEN so I thought it might be thinking the lid is not closed but it snuggly closed. I tried powering off multiple time and unplugging the power but it won't spin the DVD at all.
Last time I used it everything worked perfect.
I had the same problem. I opened it up and the leads that connect the door close contacts werent connected to the circuit board. I just plugged them back in and all was well.
Posted on Mar 26, 2010
Just got a coby dvd-207 for free due to this problem, fix takes about 5 minutes.
1 small philips screwdriver
1 bottle of rid-ox, deoxit, or similar contact cleaner and restorer
1) remove the two rubber feet on bottom of case that have arrows pointing at them
2) remove 6 screws that have arrows pointing at them
3) carefully open case, there are wires connecting both halves, leave them connected
4) press open button, so that the disc receptacle is open
5) look for a gear on the inside near the back of the case that is connected to the dvd door, there should be a cheap reed switch mounted near it
6) clean the cheap reed switch with a toothpick dipped in rid-ox/deoxit/etc
7) re-assemble, plug it in, and watch movies for another few months until the reed switch decides to stop working again
The next time it goes out, i am just going to cut the two wires to the switch and either cross them over or install a mini-toggle switch on the side of the case..
Posted on Nov 15, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2012 | Emerson EWD2003 DVD Player/VCR
Apr 16, 2011 | Pioneer DVR630H DVD Recorder
Jul 25, 2010 | Disney D7500PDD Portable DVD Player
Sep 14, 2009 | Panasonic DMRES15 DVD Recorder
Mar 29, 2009 | Mintek MDP-1810 Portable DVD Player
Feb 01, 2009 | Mintek MDP-1770 Portable DVD Player
Dec 04, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
1,026 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!