Question about Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Depends where you want to clean it. It's a good idea to wipe the roller with a damp cloth sometimes, but if it is the print head then there is an article here:
Posted on May 12, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Replacing the cartridge:
1. Make sure the printer is on and open the printer cover
2. Make sure the printer is paused and the output tray at the front of the printer is lowered
3. Hold down the cleaning button for three seconds until the print head moves slightly to the cartridge replacement position, and the power light flashes when the print head is in position. Do not move the print head by hand, it will be damaged
4. Lift up the clamp that holds the cartridge you want to replace as far as it will go.
5. The cartridge will rise partly out of the cartridge holder. For black ink replacement, lift up only the smaller clamp on the left.
6. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it properly.
7. Remove the cartridge from its protecting bag. Remove only the yellow tape seal from the cartridge. The yellow tape seal must be removed. Leaving the tape on when you install the cartridge will permanently damage it. Do not remove the tape seal from the bottom of the cartridge.Otherwise ink will leak.
8. Lower the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder with the label on the cartridge face up and the arrow on the cartridge pointing to the rear of the printer.
9. Press the ink cartridge clamp down until it locks in place. Do not press the cartridge itself.
10. Press the cleaning button. The printer moves the print head and begins charging the ink delivery system. This process may take a few minutes to complete. The power light continues to flash while the printer performs the ink charging operation.
11. Never turn off the printer while this light is flashing. Doing so can result in incomplete charging of ink. Even if you do not press the cleaning button, the printer moves the print head and begins the ink charging process about 60 seconds after you replace the ink cartridge.
12. When the ink charging procedure is finished, close the printer cover.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
have you gone into the print setup >printer>properties>paper/quality and selected colour printing there ?? hope this helps regards JIm
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2015 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2010 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 28, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jun 08, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!