Question about Audio Players & Recorders
My sportster will update then only display channel like Howard 100 in conner but nothing on main screen it will play for a few sec then update again & again
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Display "Updating"
I am having the same issue with my Eclipse radio with Sirius. I called my installer - Al & Ed's - this was the first that they have heard of this. This suggested that the unit be powered down - disconnected and reconnect the power - but warned me that all of the presets would be lost.
I am going to take it in and have them do that. I will re-post re the outcome.
Posted on Nov 20, 2007
Let me save you $30.00. A new antenna will not help, nor will cleaning the contacts. I just did both of those and it did not help. I have mine in the freezer right now cooling it down. Sirius told me that I should not leave it in the car because it gets to hot. They told me to buy another unit....
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: Sirius Sportster
Look at the bottom of your unit, you'll notice the round port next to the slot? It get's jammed up inside the unit if you pressed to hard setting it into the cradle at some point. Not easy to fix, unfortunatley.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2010 | Pioneer SIR-PNR2 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
May 12, 2017 | Sirius Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 24, 2010 | Sirius Satellite Radio S50-TK1 Satellite...
Dec 29, 2009 | Sirius Starmate ST2 Satellite Radio...
Sep 20, 2009 | Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver
Dec 19, 2008 | Sirius Starmate ST2 Satellite Radio...
Aug 07, 2008 | Eclipse AVN5500 Car DVD Player
Jul 06, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 19, 2008 | Sirius STILETTO 100 MP3 Player
Aug 13, 2007 | Eclipse SIR-ECL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!