The 5 in 1 internal memory card reader does not work on my presario v2000. I have installed vista, recently and am not sure if this would be the cause of it ?? What should i do to get the reader working again ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suggest to use the card into another computer and make sure it is read ..If this is the case..it means the issue is with the card reader of the computer ..and probably the lack of the reader's driver is to blame .. anyway ..I will try to link the driver here ...all you have to do is select the operation system you use...download the driver and run into computer ..restart and try to see if this fixes the issue ..If several trying will not fix it ..it may consider the possibility your card reader to be faulty . http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=1832423& Like I said ....select the operation system ..than download the storage driver ...(6in one card reader ) have a nice day ! and do not forget to rate the answer...
**Even though your computer may SAY that it is a Presario V2000, it may have an entirely different product number for downloading drivers specific to your particular configuration.**
1) Look at the serial code on the back/bottom of your computer: there is a number starting with p/n (ex. p/nEX664UA#APL) This code identifies your computer beyond the V2000 label.
2) Go to the compaq/hp website: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support
3) select "Download Drivers and software(and firmware)"
4) THEN, enter your P/N Instead of "Presario V2000" into the product name/number box, and hit enter.
Select your operating system, and you will be redirected to a page listing all the necessary drivers for your model.
On the left of your screen, you will see a box that says "your product" with a picture of a laptop, and a model number beneath it. THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER (Mine was Compaq Presario V2610CA Notebook PC).
5) Download and install the drivers you need, and gappy geeking!!!
alll the drivers can be downlaoded from the compaqs site . u need to enter the seril number of machine . if that devices are shown in device manger with an yellow qn mark .then that devices will work if proper drivers are laoded . give me ur computer serial no . i will send the link to that files