What is the best time to visit Kerala with family on a holiday vacation.?
When To Visit Kerala -
1. If you want to go hiking in the Western Ghats, stay clear of the monsoon peak, June, July, and August. Houseboats aren't much fun during this time either.
2. Just after the monsoon, in September, everything is exquisitely emerald, so a great time for hiking or exploring the hill stations.
3. Unlike some national parks in India, Periyar stays open all year round. The most popular time to visit is during the cooler, drier months from October to February. It is particularly vibrant just after the monsoon, and there are fewer people.
4. The best time for viewing elephants is during the hotter months of March and April when they spend the most time in the water.
5. Periyar is best avoided on weekends due to crowds of day tourists.
6. Sun worshippers will be at their happiest between October and February when their god makes her most glorious appearances. February until May are also lovely, although a lot more humid.
7. There is another monsoon October to November but many local people say this is now disappearing and much less of an issue. December and January brings a flood of tourists just about everywhere, however. A tailor made holiday during this time will enable you to get off the beaten track if that is what you are seeking.
8. According to Ayurveda tradition, the monsoon is the best season for rejuvenation therapies because the pores of the body open wide allowing them to fully absorb the oils and therapeutic treatments.
Mar 16, 2017 |
Luggage & Travel