First Step : Set The Canon PIXMA MP287 To Service Mode. To do that, follow this step, it's so easy.
- Turn off the printer without pulling the power cord.
- Press and hold the RESUME button (Green button), keep holding it and then press the power button, do not let go yet.
- Keep holding the power button, now release the RESUME button and then press theRESUME button for 5 times and quickly release the POWER button.
- When the printer entered the Service Mode, all LED will stop blinking.
Second STEP : Reset Canon PIMA MP287 Using Resetter. Open the mp287.exe, and then follow this step.
- Insert some A4 paper, the printer will print the result.
- Look for "Clear Ink Counter" section, press the "Main" button and wait for the message "A function was finished" and then press "OK" button.
- Press the "Platen" button located beside the "Main" button.
- Look for "Print" section, press the "EEPROM' button, select "Rear Tray" and pres "OK" button.
- The printer should printout the result. That's all, you may turn off your printer now. Sometime you need to press the POWER button several time in order to turn off the printer.