Question about Briggs & Stratton Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes there is a spin on oil filter. Depending on the date code when the motor was built there are two possibilities. The easiest way is to measure the length of the filter, If the filter is 2 1/4" long the Part Number is 492932.
If the filter is 3 1/4" long, the Part Number is 491056.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Try taking off the engine shroud and cleaning the magnets on the fly wheel. Also clean the two little prongs on the magneto. Also clean the end of the spark plug wire. I use fine sand paper or emery cloth.
Good luck and let me know if this helps.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
1) check plug for being carbon fouled or fuel fouled. Even though it fires, it may not be firing correctly
2) make sure you have compression 75-100 psi. since the compression release so you can pull the rope works off of the exhaust valve, you may not get anymore than that.
3) Is there water or debris in the float bowl
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your local lawn & garden dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/rolandw_c013176d62ee17ae
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2016 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
Nov 20, 2015 | Craftsman Garden
Oct 01, 2014 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
Sep 08, 2014 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton...
Jul 14, 2014 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton...
Apr 11, 2013 | Craftsman Garden
Sep 12, 2012 | Craftsman 675 Series 190cc 22" Briggs ...
Sep 22, 2011 | Craftsman 675 Series 190cc 22" Briggs ...
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: