- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this helped me with my scanmaker 3830 on windows 7 and windows 8 64bit too You can download: ScanWizard 5 version 6.63
Extract to folder on desktop.
1. Plug in your Scanner
2. Go to Control Panel (Windows 7,8 - 64 and 32 bit)
3. Go to Device Manager
4. Go to Imaging devices (or Other devices)
5. Find what windows have installed Right Click
6. Update Driver Software..
7. Click - Browse my computer for driver software
8. Click - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
9. Click - Have Disk
10. Browse to your desktop or position where you extracted 6.63, point
to "....drv_sw5_v6_63_ad\Disk1\Vista\AMD64\..." Pick any of INF files I
11. You will see 4800 Scanner and USB 2.0 Scanner, I picked first 4800
then USB 2.0 and both works., install the scan wizard,
restart the computer
Make sure you have Adobe acrobat or similar installed so that you have PDF available on the PC. It may also be in the software for the Epson. I had a scanner a few years ago whose software excluded PDF and I ended up installing new software of a generic printer / scanner to use Adobe PDF
This worked for me (xp computer): XP Driver (English) for scanner: Search for: drv_sw5_v6_63_ad.exe Can try: http://filedir.com/drivers/scanner-camera/microtek-scanmaker-6100-pro-scanner-driver-download-328463.html or try: http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/drv_sw5_v6_63_ad.rar
First check Epson site for latest driver for your operating system. Try turning on scanner before the computer is turned on. It could be old driver on USB chipset from Intel needs update. A normal problem I have encountered in the past with Epson Scanners
Dear sir,I am sory for your problem.Please format your oparating system i mean you install new windows.some times optical driver did not read properly data cab file,So hardware driver is not support properly.Windows xp SP3 is not complite version some messing.
Thanks You are success