Question about Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
I have a hard time seeing well enough, to see how and what I do first to replace springs and cover back on. The printer cannot work without. Does the printer cover move further back than when just lifted up to change ink cartridges? It would help to see in there better. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have this exact same problem, but when I replaced the black ink cartridge it worked for 3 days. Now it isn't recognized. The printer icon has a big question-mark over the black ink cartridge. Replacing it with another cartridge does nothing.
My solution. Throw out the darn thing and buy a laser jet. Paying for ink is too expensive anyway.
Posted on Oct 13, 2007
SOURCE: ink cartridge carrier jam
If possible, shut off the printer completely and manually move the ink carriage to where the cartridges can be swapped out. turn it back on and try again. try to see if some mechanism that holds the missing cartridge in place has swung down and is bumping into something, preventing the carriage from moving past a certain point.
Posted on Aug 21, 2008
The ink cartridge had jammed the carrier and prevented it from moving. I stuck my little finger in the bottom of the carrier, pushed the cartridge up a bit, freed the carrier and was able to move it manually. I replaced the cartridge and all the messages went away. The printer now works as it should. Must have been a bad cartridge.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Problem : An error occurred while communicating
Afteryou install a print cartridge, the attention light begins to flash red.The printer will not print. One of the following messages may appear onthe control panel:
or the Printer stops Printing in the middle .
Cleaning the Still Rode on which the Cartridge Move, may solve your Problem
Check this Video - This may help you a Lot VIDEO
Check the following steps as well for connection steps .. and also the process of refilling the Ink to the Cartridge
* Color or Right Print Cartridge is not compatible
* Incorrect Print Cartridge(s)
* Print Cartridge Problem
* Incorrectly Installed Cartridge(s)
* Black or Color Cartridge(s) Failed
Tosolve the problems related to Cartridge Errors we can do the following4 steps. Which could help us to get the issue resolved
Step 1: Remove, inspect, and reseat the problem cartridge
Step 2: Clean the problem cartridge contacts
Step 3: Repeat reseating and cleaning steps
Step 4. CONTACT TO HP SUPPORT
Step 1: Remove, inspect, and reseat the problem cartridge and Clean the problem cartridge contacts..
a) Make sure the printer is on. Press the Power button if it is not lit.
b) Open the printer cover, then wait until the print cartridge carriage is idle and silent
c) Press down lightly on the end of the problem cartridge to release it.
d) Slide the cartridge out and inspect it:
* Check the Copper electrical contacts (the Copper Part which touch the Connector inside)
* Clean it with the pirit or wet cotton)
* Check the Nozzles - Clean it with the worm wet cotton
* Wait for 2 to 5 min befour you connect them back
* Clean the contacts in the carriage, inside the product (Printer)
* Reinstall the cartridge.
* Reconnect the product to the electrical outlet.
* Close the product cover.
NOTE: you can also check the print cartridge label and make sure it iscompatible with your printer. Compatible print cartridges are listed inthe Printer Reference Guide supplied with your printer.
Note : If the cartridge is compatible, reinstall it in the printer:
* Cartridges marked with a triangle go into the left carriage slot.
* Cartridges marked with a square or pentagon go into the right carriage slot.
If issue not resolves Repeat repeating and cleaning steps
How do i refill my INK Cartridge ?
There are 2 distinct method
1) Black has a bladder
2) Color contains sponges - we need 3 sirenges with needle
to fill the Color cartridge with sponges - simply punch
1. If you see the Cartridge turn it round and locate the filler holes by removing the plastic top cover of the cartridge.
You may need to pry plastic top or hole cover off using a thin metal blade.
please make sure that you do not damage the sensors on the back of the cartridge whilst doing this.
2.Using the picture(on the cartridge which shows you the 3 differedcolored spots), fill syringe with the corresponding color ink.
3. Insert the syringe into the correct hole of the color being filled and push all the way down.
Notes : You will feel resistance as there is a sponge inside.
So Slowly inject approximately 8ml of ink until you can just see the ink surface on the top of the sponge, any more and it is over-filled.
If this happens simply draw back on the syringe a little.
4. Rinse the syringe and needle thoroughly before proceeding then repeat the process for the other colors.
8. Re-attach the cover securely with adhesive tape and continue using the cartridge.
1. Fill the syringe with approximately 20ml of black ink.
2.Push the syringe all the way into the filling hole and SLOWLY injectall the ink into the cartridge or until the reservoir is full.
3. Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per printer instructions.
4. If necessary leave cartridge in printer for up to 24 hours. (This allows ink to flow to the print head).
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 03, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | AEG Lavamat 88840 Front Load Washer
Feb 06, 2010 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Feb 02, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 21, 2010 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Aug 06, 2008 | Canon FAX-JX200
Feb 20, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!