Question about Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
How do you stop the loud noise
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This problem can be caused by either a leaking water inlet valve, or a condition known as "siphoning". Since you just recently moved, I would make sure you don't have a siphoning problem, first. The following link explains how:
Although siphoning normally refers to a constant drain problem where a washer has problems maintaining the proper water level, it can also lead to problems where the drain line will back up into the washer.
Now, if you follow the advice in the link and determine this is NOT caused by siphoning, I would suspect that you have a water inlet valve that is leaking. A tell-tale sign will be water trickling down the fill tube in the rubber door bellow. The water inlet valves have a diaphragm that is controlled by an electric solenoid. Sometimes the valve becomes clogged with sediment or deposits, causing the diaphragm not to close properly. If you live in an area that has hard water, or use well water, you may have hard water deposits or rust build up in the valve. You may be able to correct the problem by removing the valve and cleaning it with some distilled vinegar. You can remove the valve by following these steps:
1. Unplug the washer and turn off water supply at the taps.
2. Disconnect the water inlet hoses.
3. Remove washer top panel by removing the three screws that hold the panel in place in the rear of the washer. With the screws removed, the panel slides back, then off.
4. The inlet valve (this is what your water inlet hoses connect to) will be located in the left rear of the washer (facing from the front). Remove the dispenser hose(s) from the valve and the electric connections. Remember how the electrical connections are removed. They should be color coded. One is for HOT, one is for COLD.
5. Remove the mounting screws that hold the assembly in place.
Once you have the inlet valve removed, you can place it in some distilled vinegar and let it soak. Just don't submerge the electrical connections. If this does not correct your problem, replace the valve. Searspartsdirect.com and repairclinic.com are two notable web sites that I have frequently used. Just type in your complete model number to begin the parts search.
I hope you find this information helpful. Let me know if you require additional assistance.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
121 MINUTES USUALLY DRAIN CYCLE PLZ REMOVE 3 BOTTOM PANEL SCREWS 7 MM SCREWS, TO OPEN DOOR SLIDE RIGHT HAND TOWARDS DOOR LOCK ,THERE WILL BE A SMALL LEVER TOO PULL DOWN ,NOW ITS OPEN,,, SINCE U HAVE BOTTOM PANEL OFF PUMP IS RIGHT IN FRONT REMOVE PLASTIC HOUSING CLOCKWISE ,,,REMEMEBER HOLD 3 GALLONS OF WATER STILL ,HAVE BUCKET READY ,NOW CLEAN OUT PUMP AND DEBRIS ,, CLOSE IT UP SHOULD BE FINE NO MORE PROBLEMS ,,,,,
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
REplace your MCU. The MCU is the Drive Motor Control board and is located in the rear of the washer adjacent to the Drive Motor on the left-hand side (facing from the rear with the back panel removed). The wiring harness can also cause the error, but it is not as common a problem. Go onto kenmore.com and find your right washing machine and replace the part yourself. First try and take the wiring harness off and then reconnect it and see if the error code goes away if it doesnt then replace the part. Please Rate. Thank you
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
Take off the bottom panel (unplug unit first!) and unscrew the cap on the drain cylinder, be sure to have plenty of towels to soak up the water! pull out the center piece and check out all the treasures stored inside. Be sure to use a flashlight and lift up the black hose behind it to get any leftovers in the hose. I just did it today and could not believe how much stuff was in there...coins. pens, buttons, lost of wet lint had it clogged. The clothes finally don't smell!
Posted on Apr 19, 2009
SOURCE: what do these error codes mean?
No water detected entering machine or pressure switch trip not detected
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on, and after 8 minutes, the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off, and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
Possible Causes / Procedure
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
- Verify inlet valve operation.
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify drain pump operation.
- Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected to tub
and pressure switch.
1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter,
and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
Replace failed component.(usually this will be failed pressure switch. the hose should be replaced as well)
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The Kenmore HE4T washer does not have a reversible door. The matching dryer would have a reversible door.
Some newer washers do have a reversible door but it is still a very small number of washer that allow you to reverse the door.
You can not reverse the door on an HE4T washer.
Aug 21, 2011 | Kenmore HE4t 3.8 Cu. Ft. King Size...
Jan 18, 2011 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
Nov 09, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 06, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Aug 15, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 14, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 01, 2008 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
Jul 24, 2014 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
12 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: