Remove toshiba password from bios satellite 3000-x4
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) password is not set by default on Toshiba laptops. When set, the BIOS password must be entered every time you turn on your Toshiba or wake your system from Standby mode. If you forget the password, you cannot boot your system. Prevent having to enter a password or the results of forgetting the password by removing the BIOS password from your Toshiba laptop. Other types of passwords can be set, such as a Windows password, to prevent unauthorized access to your machine.
1. Turn off your Toshiba laptop.
2. Wait 30 seconds and turn your laptop back on.
3. Press "F2" repeatedly as soon your Toshiba laptop begins booting until the BIOS menu screen appears.
4. Enter your existing BIOS password and press "Enter."
5. Press "F2" again to enter the BIOS, if prompted.
6. Use your arrow keys to select the "Security" tab in the BIOS menu.
7. Use the arrow keys to select "Set User Password."
8. Press either "F5" or "F6," depending on your Toshiba laptop model, to open the Password section.
9. Enter the current password into the "Old Password" prompt and press "Enter."
10. Press "Enter" when the "New Password" prompt appears. Do not enter any text in this box.
11. Press "Enter" again to confirm the new password.
12. Press "F10" to save your changes and exit.
I hope you find it very helpful. Best regards.
Aug 16, 2011 |
Computers & Internet