Welcome to FixYa.
Based on your description you likely have a faulty inlet/water valve.
Here`s an easy way to confirm or dismiss whether it is the vavle or not.
1) First drain the standing water which presently exists.
2) Unplug the washer from the wall/power outlet and allow the same period of time to pass, if the unit has standing water in it afterwards you need a valve.
If it doesn`t have water in it afterwards then the valve is being energized when it is plugged in even when it should not...that indicates a faulty control unfortunately, but not very likely,
The valve is part # 8182862 and varies in pricing around $40 - $75. It should be available at most brick and mortar appliance part locations or if you prefer on-line shopping try "searspartsdirect.com" "repairclinic.com" or "appliancepartspros.com" to name a few.
To swap out the valve simply follow these steps...
**Unplug the unit from the wall before attempting any repairs suggested here...safety first**
1) turn off the water and unfasten the hot & cold fill hoses going to the washer.
2) remove the three screws along the back of the top panel and then slide the top panel back slightly and pull up. The panel should lift away.
3) in the left rear corner ( when observing from the front of the washer )you should now see the valve which will look like this...
4) remove the wires, carefully the harness has little release tabs which must be bent back slightly to pull the wire & harness off.
5) remove the hose to the dispenser assembly, a pair of pliers or visegrips works well here.
6) remove the screw on the outside back wall of the washer and pull the valve out, voila !
Reverse order to put the new one in and good job. You potentially saved yourself $200 or more for parts and labour.
Hope this answers your question but more importantly solves your problem.
Thanks for choosing FixYa for your repair solutiuons today. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Please take a moment and rate the soluytion provided for you as well as a testimony if you feel it warranted.