Question about GE 31GT740 31" TV
My tv goes off and on it a bad power button and down volume bad. and i still cuts on and off so i removed the power button thinking i can turn it off and on with the remote, that didn't work neither.
Have you checked the power plug, sometimes when the power plug is not on securely on both ends of it, that can happen. It could also be defected wires on the inside of your tv. So check both ends. LOL
Posted on May 30, 2014
This kind off problem is related in power circuit board or may be the main board ,kind of electronic problem, not mechanical ,related with electrolytic capacitor,may be two or three or one,this is dried up capacitor,or devalued capacitor in rating or leaky capacitor,or broken leg capacitor,one pin break in the bottom of capacitor main causes are heat or power serge or getting aging old ,because these capacitor not functioning ,therefore no enough voltage for on off TV function,so TV wont come on,some times come on,some time press power button lot of time then come on,now it wont come on at all completely,these or the symptom of intemittent power button function,peoples think that button have only the problem and replaced the power switch only and tv should work ,but deep down lot of work in circuit board analysis and repair work needed.,to make TV function normally.
Posted on May 19, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 35 in. GE tube TV volume issue
The front panel control assembly, or the circuit area for this panel most likely has a fault condition.
I have also seen some of the button switches fail on the control panel.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
This URL takes you to a complete user's manual for your television set. Perhaps you can find what you want there.
Posted on Oct 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2016 | RCA Televison & Video
Mar 19, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
1. Hold down MENU on the remote and VOLUME DOWN on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN buttons on the TV its self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
4. Hold down GO BACK on the remote and MENU on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
5. Hold down EJECT on the front of the TV and the MENU button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
May 22, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 02, 2009 | RCA E09344 Under Counter Kitchen TV 9"...
Oct 24, 2007 | Televison & Video
Oct 23, 2007 | RCA 27V520T 27" TV
Oct 02, 2007 | RCA 27F530T 27" TV
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!